⁰³⁰ amortentia

❝ so, who's that you smelt in your amortentia, then ? ❞

your amortentia, then ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN THE PREPERATION is the prerequisite—" the potions professor was cut off by harry and ron entering the classroom. late. "ah! harry, my boy! i was beginning to worry!" he looked to ron with confusion. "ah, so you bought someone with you, i see?"

  "ron weasley, sir." the red-head introduced himself. "i'm dead awful at potions, a menace, actually, so. . . i'm probably just gonna—" he turned to try and leave, but harry tugged at his robes, pulling him back.

"nonsense! any friend of harry's is a friend of mine!" professor slughorn smiled. "get your books out."

  "actually, sir, i haven't got my book yet, and nor does ron."

    "oh, well, get what you want from the cupboard." the man nodded, pointing to the cabinets at the back. "as i was saying— i prepared some concoctions this morning, any ideas what these might be?"

hermione raised her hand immediately— as expected. although, for once, she was desperate for class to end, because she wanted to speak to maeve— who had been avoiding her.

maeve knew she had read the letter. she obviously wasn't going to not read it. what if she hermione changed her mind? she had taken so long to write back, and hermione probably thought that she hadn't cared.

       what's more, now that she was back in school— everyone, and she meant everyone was staring at her. she felt like there were eyes on her 24/7, with even the newer first-year students whispering things like: 'look, there's the girl who's brother was killed by a death eater!' every time she passed by.

"yes, miss. . . ?"

"granger, sir." hermione nodded in self-introduction. "that one there is veritaserum, it's a truth-telling serum." she began to explain, approaching the remaining cauldrons.

"and this is amortentia. the most powerful love potion in the world! it's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. for example, i smell..." she sniffed a little bit, trying to inhale the scent, and her face flushed red. "cinnamon, painting pastels... peppermint tea and apple pie.."

harry and ron snorted with sheer amusement as maeve blushed, eyes meeting hermione's from where the blonde was stood at the other end of the classroom.

"now, of course, amortentia doesn't create actual love, that would be impossible." professor slughorn explained. "although, it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession! for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."