Can't Fight it Anymore

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10,000 READS! Still trying to wrap my head around that people actually enjoy reading my story. It has been well over 10 years since I've written any form of fanfiction, so this is incredible. I truly love writing this story in more detail, as on TikTok it had to be shorter. Please share and like/star the parts you enjoy most. Feel free to comment thoughts as well :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cassidy? Cass, please open your eyes," You hear a voice like an echo, but you're still crying and can feel as though you're still in Tony's embrace.

Suddenly, your eyes fly open and you're on your bed in your room. You're trying to catch your breath, when you feel the weight of someone sitting at the end of your bed near your knees.

"Woah, hey. It's me," you dart up to a sitting position, blinking your eyes to make sure this is now reality. "Pepper told me you were napping. Bad dream?" 

Loki. His eyes are burning into yours with concern. Your jaw has fallen open as you stare at him.

"Cassidy. Say something," Loki reaches his hand to your arm.

"I...a nightmare actually," without thinking, you throw your arms around Loki, which stiffens him at first, but then his arms wrap around you as well. "You're ok?" You half whisper into his shoulder.

"I'm fine; we just got back from the mission," he replies, arms still tightly around you, taking in this feeling that he's been missing. 

You feel Loki sigh against you, which makes you realize the current position you're both in. You drop your arms from around him and stand-up instantly, Loki doing the same.

"What is it?" Loki stands a few steps away from you.

You turn back to him unsure of what to say. You're still trying to process the nightmare you had, along with what is currently happening. Shortening the space between you, you bring your hands to Loki's cheeks, forehead, chin, and shoulders just to be sure it's really him.

A smile forms on his face with a little chuckle, "It's really me, darling," he brings one of his hands to be on yours.

Your heart flutters at his hand contact, breath hitching.  Your eyes go from that connection back to his eyes, down to his lips. 

Loki doesn't say a word, just continues to look at you. Since you both fell asleep watching that movie, you couldn't help the feelings for Loki flooding their way back. Now, he's standing here in front of you with that damn grin plastered on his face. Loki putting his hand on yours was all it took. 

Before any part of you can protest, and you don't think a part exists that would, you take Loki by surprise, crashing your lips on his. You feel his intake of breath upon you doing so, but it's followed by one of his arms resting on your back and the other on the back of your head. 

Your hands have gripped into his shirt, pulling him closer out of habit. After a few seconds, you pull away from the kiss. You release Loki's shirt, taking a few steps back, folding your lips in. 

When you bring your gaze back up to meet Loki's, he is looking at you with a mix of confusion and happiness, "And that was for?"

You bite your top lip, "Testing....to see if it really is you," which comes out more as a question than a statement. 

"And?" Loki doesn't break eye contact with you as he moves closer to you.

"Because....." you swallow, your voice barely a whisper as he approaches you.

"Because I know I quite liked....and definitely missed kissing you, Cassidy," the grin returning slightly to Loki's face. The way he said your name was more of a whisper as well. 

He's close enough to where you begin to lift your hand out, ready to place on his chest. Loki sees your hand move, watching it, before returning his eyes to yours.

"Loki....." your eyes move from his chest, up to his eyes slowly, "Kiss me."

Without hesitation, his lips meet yours again. Your bodies pressing into one another, as your lips battle longingly. 

As you continue kissing, your back moves against the wall of your room. Loki groans into the kiss, causing you to pull him even closer. "Loki..."

"Hmm?" He replies still kissing you. 

"Can we continue this without walls involved?" You manage to say.

Loki stops kissing you, pulling back, leaning his forehead on yours. Your eyes open and meet his, as they search yours. The realization enters his eyes, as he recalls your two memories involving walls, one being his doing, and the other with the two men.

"Yes, of course, sorry," He releases you from the wall. "Is the moment ruined?"

You can see the worry in his eyes, along with a little guilt of what he's responsible for. You've long forgiven Loki for it, knowing it was never truly him that night. "I mean, there are other areas of my room where we could continue...." You take a step towards him again.

The smile reappears on his face, matching yours, with a look of relief, as he pulls you in for another kiss. 

Within a minute, you're both back on your bed. Loki has one hand around your back, as you require him closer, drawing him down with your hand woven into his hair. 

"Everything good up there?" You hear Thor from just down the hall, disrupting the moment. 

Loki drops onto the bed next to you, "I may actually punch him," he grunts into your pillow before sitting up next to you.

"They will be wondering where we are," you say as your fingers wrap around Loki's, "And I really should go see my dad."

Loki rolls his eyes.

"None of that; no sass," you give him a quick peck on the lips, "We're coming now!" you yell back down the hallway to Thor.

You stand-up as Loki tries pulling you back to him, "Come on, Loki," you laugh. He reluctantly follows you into the hallway back to the main room.

"Hey, Cass," Tony greets you with a smile. He looks tired, but not nearly as bad as he did in your nightmare.

You give him a hug, making sure to not cause him any pain or discomfort, "Glad you're back safe, all of you," you take a look at the rest of the team as well.

"Sorry I made you stay back," your dad looks into your eyes, hand still on your shoulder. 

"No. I understand, dad. Everyone is here, safe. That's all that matters," you lean into him. 

"Great, now can we eat? Those cheeseburgers have been calling my name since we returned," Thor walks towards the kitchen without waiting for anyone, causing a group laugh, before everyone does the same.