CHAPTER 19

🎶just as long as I'm the name on your tattooed heart🎶
-ariana grande

Previously....
He stood frozen and his eyes went wide, staring face to face with his mother, who was originally presumed to be dead.....

Omniscient~

      HE stared intently at the woman as she stared back—but her eyes did not match his

      HE stared intently at the woman as she stared back—but her eyes did not match his. His were filled purely of confusion, shock, bewilderment, etc.

His grandma stood up from her spot, curious as to who he could've possibly been staring at for about a minute now. "Who is it?" She questioned, and Michael absentmindedly stepped aside with no words being said, letting her in.

His grandma's eyes then went wide, managing to match Michael's. "Giselle?" She gasped, but something about her reaction didn't seem too surprised that she was here.

The woman meekly smiled, an uncomfortable one, and scratched the back of her neck, standing a small distance away from Michael.

She was thin, nearly malnourished looking but still held her looks. Her cheeks were slightly sunken, and faint dark circles curved under her eyes. It's obvious she is a drug user and it wasn't hard to tell she is.

Her clothing was baggy against her as she wore black jeans that were too big for her legs and a light jacket. Her hair reached her shoulders and looked much healthier than she does as of now. She's a Molly user, and has been for some years now. She had experimented with drugs since her teenage years but fell back into it recently.

Where she has been after all these years is unknown, and it isn't clear if she's been in Detroit this whole time either.

Michael stared at her, picturing her exactly how she looks in the various picture frames around the house. Looking at her then, she was young and beautiful, a full face and shining skin—looking at her now, she was almost unrecognizable, but still recognizable.

He stared at her for so long, wide eyed, speechless.

"I..." she started, breaking the uncomfortable silence present in the room as she glanced around the room before continuing. "I wasn't gonna bother you today, especially during the holidays-"

"So why you here?" Michael's voice interrupted her, finally having the courage to speak after staying silent for a few moments. It wasn't rocket science to figure out this is really his mother standing right in front of him. The only memory of her is in the plastic picture frames around the house. "Michael," Maw scolded him.

She looked at Michael, initially trying her best not to acknowledge him, due to how long it's been since she's seen him. Her absence would only be for the best. She swallowed and looked back at her mother, Michael's grandma. "I came for...money.." she smiled meekly again after saying the last part.