Chapter Twenty-Five

click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment!

Christmas Day

"happy birthday g" Mai looked at the portrait of Jesus that she had in the kitchen.

She had a close relationship with god, she communicated with him, and he talked back and answered her prayers, when she was younger she never did understand the whole concept of everything, but as she got older and started to actually pay attention in church, she built a relationship with her God, and she was very happy with it.

It was currently five o'clock in the morning, she was finishing up some final touches on her gift wrapping.

This year she made sure to get everyone a gift, she had a few extra dollars and it was more than enough for what she wanted to buy, maybe saving wasn't such a bad thing.

Mikah got a gold bracelet and a few rings to go with it.  In Maia's opinion, he had some very attractive hands, so she was just making them, even more attractive.  Plus, he always wanted one but he was just lazy, and never got around to buying himself things because of how busy he was.

Jamal got a new pair of air pods, she got him the pros.  He never had ones in the first place, hopefully, he would like them. He better like them.

Leanna got a fresh pair of Airforces, her current ones were in a state.

Lillian got jewellery, she had recently started her gold collection, so Maia was simply helping her with the expansion of the collection.

Gina got a new pot set.  Maia was struggling to find something to buy her, but one day she was walking through the Macys and saw a set that stood out to her, Gina loved to cook.

Darline got a reusable spa day pass, every two months she would get a free day. Darline was always complaining about how she wanted to go, so Maia took it upon herself to make sure that her grandmother would get her spa day.

Finally Henry got new pieces for his apartment, he found out that he got it two days before and was on the hunt for things to take, seeing that he had a significantly smaller place before. Mai got him plates, bowls, forks and some knives. She was going to take him decor shopping.

**
Maia opened Darline's front door, they were clearly still at the early morning service, it was now around 8:30 in the morning.

Mai placed the gifts under the christmas tree and made her way to the radio, she hooked up her phone and began her reggae playlist.

Beres Hammond's Rockaway played through the house.

"remember the songs
used to make you rock away
those were the days
when love used to reign, hey
we danced all night to the songs they played
weekend come again..do it just the same"

Leanna and Lillan went to church with Gina, Henry and Darline. Jamal was with Mikah from the night before. So it was just Maia by herself.

She walked to the kitchen and walked to the fridge looking to see what she could cook.

It was a tradition, every christmas morning they had breakfast then they would open presents, watch a few movies and cook. After they would eat lunch and spend the rest of the day together. Christmas was one big family day for them.

Mai hummed along taking out the ingredients for the quiche and french toast. She decided she was going to make the quiche with sweet peppers, onions, bacon and spinach. Since she knew Henry wasnt the biggest fan of quiche, she was going to make french toast, sausage and grits, she was making each dish to be big enough for everyone. She knew how big their appetites were.