𝐢𝐱. 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬

OF FOOLS AND DREAMERS

four hours and twenty minutes

REGULUS FINALLY GAVE up on trying to get Senara to win. Some of us are just destined to lose.

"Come on," he said as he held out his hand.

"What?" she asked curiously as he carefully lifted her up and into his arms.

"If I'm going to give you something to miss, I'm going to show you the most alive thing I can think of," he murmured as he stared into her eyes.

"And what's that?" she asked quietly.

"I'm going to teach you how to dance," he revealed quietly. "It is the kindest thing I can do."

He gently wrapped one arm around her waist and guided her hand to his shoulder as he took her other hand in his own. Not tearing his eyes away from her's, he slowly rocked around the island. They'd fall into the water, surely, if they moved in much wider steps. 

And yet, it felt like they were in a ballroom in Vienna as they circled, slowly, intimately in a world completely of their own. And perhaps it was fortunate that time didn't pass in that cave because it gave them infinity to be enthralled by each other. 

She laid her head on his shoulder and wondered if this was what blushing brides felt. What a tulip felt like in spring. Oh how desperately she wanted to be a flower in his garden at the manor he had told her about.

The grow and be brilliant and then be cut and admired by him and only him for days and nights on end. But, what Regulus didn't talk about was the flowers that dried and their seeds fell and they became distant memories of what the once were. 

The leaves falling, crisp from age and the stems closing in on themselves. Suffocating on your own vanity and regretting ever shining so brightly so that you might be picked and placed in his bedroom. 

But perhaps that's because he was a fool and she was a dreamer. The most dangerous, yet enchantingly tragic pairing. Because they only saw the here and now, not their untimely demise when duty and honor knocked on the door -- calling away the fool and smashing the dreamer.