Ch 266: Irene

"This woman can't stay at the Silverash's house.". This was the first sentence Silverash said after entering the room.

This is the first time Pramanix and Silverash have appeared in the same place in his entire time at Kjerag. Lin Ye notices Pramanix's expression stiffening when Silverash enters the room, but she quickly recovers. It's just that her lovely eyes aren't as warm as he usually sees them.

"Mr Silverash?" said a surprised Lin Ye.

"Do you know who this woman is?" Silverash asks as he approaches the door. Lin Ye isn't sure if it's on purpose Silverash's gaze avoids Pramanix and only focuses on him. "She might be from the Aiben family," he says lightly.

"Aiben?" Lin Ye raises a brow at that name.

Green, the housekeeper standing next to Lin Ye coughs twice, and explains to Lin Ye, "The other big family...that is to say, it is the hostile force in the eyes of the Silverash family.", Lin Ye looks a little surprised.

He glances at the girl, "You mean that she was sent by your enemy? But she's already like this."

Silverash leans on his cane and slowly walks into the room, "Pity is not a new strategy. It works most of the time. After all, feelings are one of the greatest weaknesses of people."

He looks at the housekeeper, Green, "Throw this woman out."

Green bows and was about to act but was stopped by Pramanix.

"Hold on.", her tone is very cold, but also very determined, "Let her stay here."

Green freezes in place. Silverash frowned.

After so long, he had entered the room, he finally turns his eyes to his own sister, "What are you doing?"

"Excuse me?" Pramanix says coldly, "Enciodas, are you questioning my power?"

Silverash eyelids twitch, but he is still calm, "Honorable Saintess, of course not, however-."

Pramanix says, "This girl is badly injured If you throw her go out, she will die."

"But she was sent by the Aiben family."

"So what?"

Silverash patiently explained, "The Aiben family is the enemy of the Silverash family."

"In Kjerag, no one, no family is my enemy.", Pramanix says coldly, "I represent the God of Kjerag, and no one in Kjerag can stand on the opposite side of God."

Silverash has a scowl on his face. He just stared at Pramanix and didn't say anything. Or he doesn't know what to say. After all, Pramanix is the person with the highest status in Kjerag. Even though he is the patriarch of the Silverash family, his position pales in comparison to hers. It is even more difficult to refute Pramanix. In Kjerag, no one can oppose God, as she stated.

It's just that the sudden tit-for-tat between the brothers and sisters confused everyone. Cliffheart, who was vibrant, is now as lifeless as a shivering leaf. Matterhorn and Green remained silent. Sussurro, as an outsider, felt extremely trapped. Lin Ye looks at both of them, trying to figure out how they interact with each other. He will not pass up this opportunity, given how difficult it was to get both of them in the same place.

Lin Ye was perplexed by Pramanix's thought process. Although he thought the cat-eared girl who had suffered this kind of torture was pitiful to look at, he now understands Silverash's point of view more. If this is the work of an enemy, they should not be so merciful.

As a result, he must agree with Silverash on this.

Silverash locks his gaze on Pramanix. Nobody dares to speak up. After a long pause, the older of them finally asks, "Do you have to go against me in everything?"

"I have never opposed you." Pramanix says, "I am the saintess of Karlan. After all, to maintain the will of God, this is a place blessed by God, and God does not want to see such a miserable girl die."

The words of Pramanix reminded Lin Ye of Messiah. Will Messiah really care about the life and death of this girl? Lin Ye thinks it is very unlikely. Although Messiah is indeed a benevolent god in Lin Ye's heart, she doesn't really care about mortal life that much.

After some confrontation, Silverash failed to make Pramanix understand his train of thought. In the end, he can only shake his head, and left the room after leaving the sentence "Do what you want."

Matterhorn immediately follows Silverash, and Green also goes to the kitchen very quickly. So there are only a few "employees" from Rhodes Island left in the room.

Lin Ye smiles bitterly and looks at Pramanix, "Do you have to be like that with your brother?"

"I should have told you. I have long since not regarded him as an older brother.", Pramanix says lightly, "And you weren't a veterinarian before? Why are you so unsympathetic?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you agree with his decision."

Lin Ye sighs helplessly, "I didn't say I agreed, but we were attacked once before on the holy road. If it weren't for Messiah... if your god hadn't helped us, who knows what would have happened to us? Now that something has happened, I'm not sure I can talk about this type of problem at this time. I made a mistake, and I accept full responsibility. However, if I could prevent something like that from happening again and be given the option, I would choose the safest option without hesitation."

"Obviously you didn't have those thoughts when treating Nightingale.", Pramanix says lightly, "After all, Miss Nightingale is more important than her."

Lin Ye can't help rolling his eyes.

"Really? So why do you want to help her? To be an annoyance for your brother?"

Pramanix shows a faint smile, "I didn't save her just because of sympathy. The corpses that were on the holy road, I have seen hundreds of them."

Lin Ye is a little puzzled, "Where are you going with this?"

Pramanix looks at the girl lying on the bed, "After sleeping for so long, I know that you heard everything. You can open your eyes now". her words surprised Lin Ye.

He also looked at the girl and finds that the girl has opened her eyes. Then she gets up under the gaze of everyone.

Pramanix hands her a pen and paper.

"Who are you? Where did you come from?", Pramanix says in a rather cold voice, "Write it all on it, this determines your fate."

At this moment, Lin Ye feels the aura of the saintess radiating from Pramanix's body.

After a moment of silence, the girl takes the pen and paper from Pramanix's hands. She slowly writes a few words on it.

"Irene, from the Aiben family."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq