fourteen; pancakes

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

i'm woken again by the feeling of tobio shifting underneath me. truth is, i hadn't slept all that well anyways after i woke up and realized i was cuddling with my freaking crush.

he must be awake, because when he notices my eyes are open, he quietly says, "sorry," which causes me to blush uncontrollably.

"i-uh- no, i'm sorry, i-i didn't mean to lay all over you or anything i-" i stutter, attempting to pry myself from him because i don't want him to be uncomfortable. instead, he pulls me back before he cuts my words off.

"it's okay. you're very comfortable to lay with," he says tiredly, yawning a little.

OH MY GOD WHATDIDHESAYYYYY???? did he just- is this REAL???

i awkwardly chuckle a little before saying, "so are you." i think i catch a hint of red on his cheeks before i turn my head to look at shoyo and keiko, who are still sleeping. i think i see keiko stirring in her sleep and i hope we didn't wake her up by talking.

wait- since when was this a sleepover?

"hey, you were allowed to sleep over right? like your parents know you're safe?" i ask him, hoping his parents aren't worried about him.

he nods, chuckling a little. "yes, i told my mom i'm staying the night with hinata. don't worry."

i relax a little, letting out a sigh of relief.

"hmm?" keiko hums. tobio and i both turn to look at her. she lifts her head from shoyo's shoulder and looks at us, scratching her head.

i look at tobio and then back at keiko before tobio and i burst out laughing at keiko's mess of hair, which is knotty and sticking up in a million different places. she looks at us confused until i reach over and smooth out her hair as best as i can.

she realizes what we were laughing at and scowls at us. shoyo wakes up shortly after, probably because of tobio and i.

"ugh," shoyo groans, "what time is it?"

"9:30," tobio and i say in unison.

"good morning sleepyhead!" keiko smiles at him, sitting up and ruffling his hair. he swats her hand away before laughing at her ratty hair. she flicks him off.