008

You had been given a small room to stay in. Over the past few weeks of staying in the mansion, you have adopted quite a few books. Slender even provided you with a bookshelf for all your books. Most of them came from the library which looks like it was pulled out of that scene in Beauty and the Beast. The rest you borrow from EJ, returning them once they've been finished as another excuse to see him. 

You have always loved reading. You loved feeling consumed by the words and pulled into another world. 

So you figure you'd keep yourself company with books when you weren't hanging out around the others. You have a soft and comfy bed. A nice dark cherrywood nightstand, and of course, books are piled high on top of it. It wasn't a big room like you had before, but it was still nice.

Over the next month or so you feel more comfortable being in the mansion with everyone. You start feeling like yourself again. Maybe this could be your new home, a place where you could fit in and belong. Even if you were the only vampire in the mansion.

You have been getting a lot closer to Jack. You've had several chances to get to know him a bit better. Things are a bit awkward sometimes between the two of you, but things are going well. You find yourself liking him more and more each day.

Did I catch feelings? Remember the last time I caught feelings, yeah that went really well. But Jack isn't like that. He's nothing like Silas, and maybe that's why I like him so much.

You shake your head hoping to get those thoughts to go away. You can't think about this right now. You need to focus on yourself and figure your own shit out. But you can't help how you feel about him. You can't stop thinking about him or wanting to be near him.

There was another session today. You were looking forward to spending more time with him. The two of you haven't really focused much on you controlling your urges or new abilities. But you were getting better with them all on your own, Jack just helps guide you.

You change into some fresh clothes and make yourself presentable. You were tired and it was obviously written all over your face. You make your way toward Jack's bedroom.

"Hey Jack, I'm ready for today's session. I'm really tired though."

He looks up from the book he was reading and nods his head. He's propped up against a pillow with the book in his lap.  You take it upon yourself to make your way over to sit with him. You peek over his shoulder to see what he's reading.

Human Anatomy: Chapter 4. This chapter will focus on how the blood flows and circulates throughout our bodies. 

You hum and lean in even closer to read more. He notices this and turns to face you. You could feel him watching you as you continue reading.

"So, you like reading?"

Really Y/N? Obviously, he likes reading. He let you borrow some of his books. He's trying to read right now and you're all up in his personal bubble.

You lean back away from him to give him some space. He just chuckles and closes the book.

"Yeah, I like reading."

He places the book on his nightstand and places his hands back on his lap. He seems nervous. He's playing with his gloved fingers. You giggle at his nervous reaction. He looks at you while you giggle.

"What's so funny?"

You reach for his hands and rub the fabric of his gloves.

"You're playing with your hands. I do that when I'm anxious or nervous. Are you anxious or nervous right now Jack?"

He pulls his hands away from yours and shakes his head. You frown and lean forward. You boop his mask in a playful manner.

"Hey, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

He shakes his head and sighs.

"No, you're fine. I'm just not used to sudden physical touch."

"Oh right, I get that. Sorry, I'll try not to be so sudden next time."

His mask raises a bit and you figured he was smiling. You smile back and scoot closer.

"So I have another question."

"Alright."

"Could you maybe take your gloves off, please? I want to hold your hand... I mean I just-"

You blush and stutter. You had just admitted on impulse you want to hold his hand. He hesitates for a moment before slowly removing his gloves and placing them on the bed beside him. He holds his hand out for you.

"There you go. Nothing special to see."

You reach for his hand and hold it. His hand is soft and cool to the touch. You rub his knuckles slowly. He tenses up for a moment but then relaxes. He sits there watching you play with both of his hands.

"Can I hold your hand, Jack?"

He hesitates again, then nods his head. You take his hand in yours and intertwine your fingers with his. You smile and sit with him in comfortable silence on the bed.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

EJ's POV

Holy fuck she's holding my hand. Were holding hands. I'm holding her hand. I hope she doesn't notice how nervous I am. Are my palms sweaty? Jesus calm down Jack, you're going to freak her out.

I mentally scream for a moment and then relax again. I watch her stare off into space, and every now and then she rubs her thumb across my knuckles. It feels comfortable being with her like this. Doing something so simple, yet intimate. She said she was tired, but she still looks so pretty, even with slight bags under her eyes. I want this moment to last forever. Just me and her sitting in comfortable silence and holding hands.

Jeff screaming obscenities in the hallway interrupted the moment. It probably has something to do with Ben or Jane. 

Way to ruin a nice moment Jeff. 

Y/N doesn't seem to mind though. I don't think she even hears him, she just seems spaced out and content. She's smiling and blushing.

I have to admit... I'm doing the exact same thing.