Chapter 15

"listen kid, you really wanna be a hero? then stop acting like a bully. if you're so good then send her out of bounds!"

someone starts to boo and the crowd quickly followed and boo'ed at bakugo as uraraka struggles to stand up.

'well i definitely missed something here' you think while walking down the steps and into the front row of the student stands where midoriya is.

"what'd i miss? why are they booing bakugo?" you ask while sitting next to the green haired boy, momo sitting next to you.

"rai! hi! the crowd is booing kachaan because they think he's going too hard on uraraka." midoriya says in annoyance.

"where is the person who said that? are you a pro? because if you're serious, you should go home and hang up your cape. i'd suggest looking into another career. bakugo obviously sees the potential of his opponent and is giving his full power to beat her." aizawa says into the mic.

the crowd falls silent and you keep watching the match. uraraka looks beat compared to bakugo.

"is she trying to get close to him?" you ask midoriya. he hums and nods, not taking his eyes off the arena "uraraka needs to touch kachaan in order to win." he says.

'that's why she looks beat. it's not easy getting to him with his reflexes.' you think.

suddenly, you hear uraraka yell "release!". you and everyone else look in shock as million pieces of rock and debris fall from the sky.

'so she created a meteor shower out of the debris using her quirk. probably thought it'll be a good distraction to touch bakugo or she did it with the sole purpose of taking him out. either way, it's genius.' you think as you watch the debris fall.

uraraka was about to touch bakugo but he held his arm in the air and let out a huge explosion. your eyes widen a small portion as his one explosion destroys all of uraraka's work.

you and the others quickly shield yourselves to avoid the flying rock and dust. when they look back, they see uraraka looking defeated and bakugo rubbing his wrists.

'so he's reached his limit. that's impressive on uraraka's part.' you think since this is the first time you've seen bakugo at his limit.

uraraka gained her footing and started running towards bakugo. he got into a defensive stance but before he could anything, uraraka collapsed.

she still attempted to get up as bakugo stood there on high alert. midnight runs to uraraka and crouches down next to her, holding her hand out to bakugo which makes him stand straight.

"URARAKA IS KO'ED, BAKUGO ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!" midnight announces and the crowd cheers quieter than the other fights.

midoriya and iida stand up and you grab midoriya's arm "are you going to check on uraraka?" you ask. midoriya looks down at your hand on his arm then makes eye contact with you.

"yeah, do you wanna join?" he asks. you shake your head and let go of his arm "it's fine, i'll speak to her later but in case i don't see you until after your match, good luck." you say.

midoriya smiles and nods "thank you rai! i'll make todoroki use his fire!" he declares.

"yeah. you're too stubborn to give up." you say with a chuckle, looking back at the arena that's getting cleaned up.

                                    ꧁꧂

"uraraka! you're back! you were so good in your match!" one of your classmates says. you look at the top of the stairs and see uraraka standing there with puffy eyes. she's obviously been crying.