"Ew, Birdie's turning into a nerd."

James flips the coin as the girl watches with wide eyes. He catches the coin and flips it over onto the top of his hand. The all crowd around James, the girl included although she's a bit confused about what she's supposed to be looking for. "It's heads." James announces with a smile.

"Birdie, it is!" Sirius cheers, putting out a fist to the newly named girl.

She looks down at his hand confusedly. "What am I supposed to do?"

He chuckles, reaching a hand towards hers, but stops, waiting for her permission to touch her hand. She nods. Sirius moves her fingers into a fist and hits hers gently. "It's called a fist bump."

Birdie nods, tucking away the information. Remus suddenly plops in front of her, dropping four large books onto the bed. She stares at him wide eyed. "What am I supposed to do with that?"

Remus slides one into her hands, opening the first page. "You need to learn to read." The boys groan quietly, making Remus snap towards them. "She used to be a bird and If she's going to pass as human, she'll need to know basic human things!"

Birdie grins at the marauders faces. "I'm ready to learn." 

Remus smiles at her and begins to teach. 

Either Remus is an excellent teacher or Birdie's a quick learner, because she picks it up right away. She learns all her ABC's and the sounds they make. By the end of the day, with a few food and relax breaks, Birdie can proudly say she can read basic words. Nothing too sophisticated, but she can read enough to understand what they're telling her. Remus will admit he's a bit marveled by how quick she is.

"How do you learn all of this so fast?" He asks after the sky darkens.

She tilts her head a bit, confused. "What do you mean? I just remembered it."

Now it's his turn to be confused. "What?"

"Yeah, I just remember it." She places the books in a neat pile, although it's pointless since the rooms remarkable messy. "It's easy."

He furrows an eyebrow. "Do you usually remember stuff like that? Even as a raven?"

Birdie thinks before nodding. "I guess so, why?"

He thinks to himself for a moment before pulling another book out of nowhere. Birdie blinks a little confused at the magic. Where did that book come from?

After a moment of him reading, he lifts his head with a grin. "Ravens have good memory."

Birdie smiles back at him. "Okay."

The boys return fifteen minutes later, carrying snacks in their arms. They notice that Birdie's reading a book by herself without Remus' help. They gawk for a moment before Sirius breaks the silence.

"Ew, Birdie's turning into a nerd."

Remus rolls his eyes and Birdie tilts her head. "What's a nerd?"

"Oh, it means that-"

"Did you bring some chocolate?" Remus questions, reaching forward and grabbing one of the chocolate frogs to stop Sirius from telling her a stupid definition of nerd.

"Chocolate?" Birdie asks and watches as the boys make the most crazed faces at her words. They shove multiple chocolates at her and eye her as she takes a bite.

Her eyes light up and she eats another. "This is.." She trails off, not having the words to describe it, but it's okay because the boys do.

"Heavenly?"

"Mouth Watering?"

"Delectable?"

"Unbelievably amazing?"

Birdie nods. "Yes."

 .⋰:o.

˙.⭒∴०.

⋰☆∴

*⋆.˙.o

.⋰⭒

[Author's Note]

Thanks for reading! I don't actually know if ravens have good memory, so don't come at me. I looked it up, but I think it just said that they have good memory for animals, not quite humans though. I'm not changing it, so too bad.

Lot's of love!