Chapter 105: Becoming Your God (VIII)

The capital of the Yi Empire was the city of Cannes which was one of the continent's most prosperous cities. It was home to many gods and their worshippers. Anyone that wanted to migrate here needed permission from both the King of the Yi Empire and the War God. If you didn't have permission, then you'd have to live in hiding forever. Even if you had blessings from another god, you wouldn't be able to escape the eyes of the War God once you entered his domain.

The War God didn't usually remove foreign gods unless his follower's safety was under threat. Many gods under his authority didn't dare to act in a rash manner.

Despite the city of Cannes being full of gods, very few of the gods appeared before the public eye. It was even rarer for gods like Shang Ke to actively look out for the welfare of their worshippers. Gods usually only gave their blessings once they received enough sincere prayers and offerings. Many gods didn't share any emotional attachment to their followers. To them, it was more like a business transaction. If the gods were at a lower level, then it was already considered a blessing for them to respond with one tenth of their entire power.

When the War God saw how much Shang Ke bent over backwards for his clansmen, he felt wronged. In his mind, the Evil God was't this type of person who selflessly helped others. During a god's formation, their divinity was determined and it wouldn't change no matter how many years go by.

However, the current Evil God was different from the past one. What changed the most about him was his mask. The mask that used to only show evil now revealed his true feelings like his frankness, happiness, and hopefulness. This wasn't characteristic of an Evil God.

While Shang Ke searched for the mysterious culprit, the War God kept tabs on him. The War God was able to clearly tell whether he was sincere or just putting on a show.

Tima's condition worsened five days later. Shang Ke discovered that the person who was attempting to kill her was Kailan, a candidate from the Healing God's Lotus Clan.

Shang Ke had been uncertain about this since the Healing God was in charge of health, and since he had the power to eliminate diseases rather than inflict pain on others. This was why Shang Ke ruled him out in his initial screening of possible suspects. After he repeatedly analyzed the list and from multiple tips given by Saya, he finally narrowed it down to the Healing God.

Based on what Saya told him, the Healing God didn't directly eliminate his believers' illnesses. Instead, it was transferred to others. In order to completely eradicate a minor illness, it needed to be transferred to around a dozen people. It needed to be transferred to even more people to eradicate major illnesses. However, the plague couldn't be cured using this method.

The Healing God's worshippers didn't know that illnesses were eradicated by transferring it to others. It wasn't too long ago that several members of the Lotus Clan fell ill due to difficulties adjusting to the new climate. Kailan prayed for the health of her clan. However, she unintentionally implied that it would be better if Tima fell ill instead.

The Healing God granted her prayers and transferred the ailments to Tima, which led to her developing the sudden illness.

Shang Ke felt anger as he said to the War God, "When you sanctimonious gods play the villains, you all don't lose to me."

The War God asked with an indifferent tone, "What are you planning to do?"

"It's a tooth for a tooth, and an eye for an eye." Shang Ke said with a malevolent expression on his face.

The War God didn't appear to be perturbed by this. "I will not allow murder or curses on my territory."

Shang Ke glared at him. "How is what the Healing God did any different from a curse?"