Chapter 106: Becoming Your God (IX)

"Are you alright?" Neil asked him.

Shang Ke made a face, '(〒﹏〒).' "I'm fine".

"Are you really alright?" Neil asked, full of doubt.

Shang Ke made another face, '(〒﹏〒).' "I'm really doing okay."

Neil and Saya both quietly inspected him. 'How does that expression on your face indicate that you're doing okay?'

Shang Ke could see the disbelief on their faces. He realized that his mask was probably showing a contorted expression. He pointed to his face and said, "Don't believe the expressions on my face. They're all fake."

When the Healing God transferred these diseases to him, it hurt badly. It felt like his entire body was coated with lava and he thought that he would break apart. He also felt some type of comfort following the initial pain. At times, he felt pain that made his soul shiver. However, he sometimes felt so comfortable as if his soul could ascend to heaven.

In the past, the Evil God could create a ruckus all over the continent. This wasn't simply because of his higher rank, but because of his terrifying abilities. The original Evil God had a preference towards slaughter and loved violent scenery. He was extremely powerful when it came to cursing others.

He was able to use all of the dark powers and negative emotions he felt to curse others. These curses included hatred, despair, jealousy, illnesses, bankruptcy, nightmares, voodoo curses, hallucinations, and many other emotions. As long as he mastered the curse, he could destroy the enemy with little effort. However, he had to have experienced it in order to turn that feeling into a curse.

The original Evil God didn't want to go through this, so he had only mastered a few curses. However, Shang Ke felt differently. His goal was to die in a heroic manner. He was willing to suffer from abuse without any fear. That way, he could manipulate death once he reached that point in his life.

He was not the same as the Death God whose sole purpose was to harvest deceased souls. The Evil God's curse determined how the target of the curse died as well as the time of target's death. If the target had the blessings of a powerful God like the War God, then the effects of the curse would be greatly reduced.

Shang Ke was different from the original Evil God, so he didn't want to follow the original's violent ways to rank up. Thus, the most worthwhile way to do this would be through self-abuse. He could gain strength without harming others, and he could also complete his mission.

He now felt convinced that this current world was an easy one. Using the Evil God's attributes, it naturally would make it easier to complete his mission.

Therefore, he should receive even worse damage! '╰(≧ˇ≦)╯!'

Saya and Neil, 'You don't have to force yourself to look happy....'

"God Uno." The Healing God suddenly spoke up, "I have given you what you wanted. Can you now take away the curse you imposed on my followers?"

"Didn't I already remove the curse?" Shang Ke's spiritual being kept flickering on and off like a lightbulb. It made others feel dizzy.

The expression on the Healing God's face turned cold, "There's still five others."

"Oh." Shang Ke let out a soft sound, "If I'm not mistaken, the disease you transferred belonged to these five people. Therefore, I won't remove the curse until I've recovered. It's a fair trade to replace the disease with a curse. We won't owe each other anything after this."

'Don't think that you can take advantage of this Evil God! The more pain this Evil God feels, the worse the curse would be.'

The Healing God should be happy that the War God and the Love God appeared. They hadn't saved Shang Ke, but rather he was saved instead. If the Healing God stuck to his plan of transferring half of the city's diseases to Shang Ke, then the diseases he transferred would turn into a curse for all his worshippers.