Chapter 107: Becoming Your God (X)

Shang Ke noticed that Lord Saya was not acting like his regular self recently. Each day, he'd come over even if he was busy. He didn't talk much, but he'd loiter for a bit and sway the sleeves of his robe. He had a strong presence in his life.

If Shang Ke didn't already see how emotionless this spirit god was, he would have assumed that he was using his aggression and arrogance to attract Shang Ke's attention.

Shang Ke had done a similar thing before. He revealed his proud figure in front of Saya as well as his wild temperament and his sensual animal hide skirt.... However, the War God was not moved by this. Shang Ke felt that it might be because he didn't like strong men. Previously, he went for the beautiful, soft-tempered types. The different temperament of the current Shang Ke probably made it hard for him to accept.

Thus, Shang Ke gave up. To him, a slow-paced romantic lifestyle between an elderly couple was less stressful. He wanted love, and he didn't want to be rejected every time he made the first move. Feelings that fiercely burned might rage on till there's no feelings left.

It was fine the way it was currently. He decided to let their relationship progress naturally.

Shang Ke watched Saya who appeared in front of him like a billowing black cloud with a naturally bright smile on his face, '(≧ˇ≦).'

Saya's depression had worsened during the past few days. With that one smile from Shang Ke, his sadness vanished like smoke.

The War God decided that he would let Shang Ke figure out how he had neglected and slighted this War God.

Shang Ke wanted to question Lord Saya about his visits every day. All the other gods assumed that the two of them were 'having an affair.' That's why the other gods didn't dare to cause him any trouble.

The War God noticed that Shang Ke wanted to say something to him which is why he waved his sleeves and patiently waited amongst the chaos. However, he noticed the change in Shang Ke's expression from, '(^ ^)' to '(°△°),' but there wasn't any warning before he faded away in front of eyes like a bubble.

The War God was saddened by this and he used his divinity to search for Shang Ke's soul. He discovered Shang Ke's soul had already left the capital and returned to his statue at Mount Altia.

What had happened? The War God frowned, and he flashed over to Mount Altia.

Shang Ke had suddenly disappeared because he had received a signal of distress from the Shu Clan. Once he arrived at Mount Altia, he noticed a raging fire with burning red air rising towards the black sky. The black sky was now stained red with blood. There were countless animals that struggled and pitifully cried as they attempted to escape the raging fire. It appeared as if it was hell on earth.

The abodes of the Shu Clan were torched with flames. Everything from their farmlands, manors, and gardens had been torched. The Shu Clansmen all surrounded the Evil God's temple. The youth were using their knives and axes to clear the surrounding foliage. The old women and children gathered around the temple and cried through prayers in front of the statue.

Shang Ke looked at them and felt anger bubbling in his chest. 'Are you guys stupid? Why didn't you run away? If I hadn't come back, would you all give up your lives here? The temple can still be rebuilt even if it's destroyed. There's no need for any unnecessary rescue strategies.'

The fire rapidly spread like a mad monster. It crazily made its way towards the temple.

Shang Ke was unable to control his anger. He lifted his hand and a stone hammer materialized. He rushed towards the mountain nearby and used all his strength to pound the surface of the mountain.