Chapter 5

MABAGAL NA naglalakad si Auri paakyat sa silid niya habang panay ang reklamo ng utak niya dahil sa ayaw niya talagang pumunta ng Christmas party.

Idagdag pa ang damit na gusto ipasuot sa kanya ng pito ay talagang gusto niya na lang magkulong sa bahay. Ugh... makakalbo siya sa inis. Binili talaga ng mga ito 'yong damit na napili nila.

Kung pwede lang sana 'di na siya pumunta sa party kaya lang maapektuhan ang grado niya.

Blimmin' serviette! Those men are annoying so are those professors at DHU!

Katatapos niya lang kumain ng tanghalian na sobrang late dahil lagpas alas-tres na. Now, she has to make— rather drag herself to get ready for the party.

Pagkabukas ng pinto ng silid niya ay kumunot ang noo ni Auri nang makita ang isang malaking box na nasa kama niya.

With the look of it, she knew immediately that it came from a famous boutique. Nakagat niya ang ibabang labi habang nangingiti.

Lumapit siya at binuksan iyon at napailing na lang siya nang makita ang pulang gown na napili ni kuya Morris.

Ugh... those men are so sweet.

Napatingin siya sa pintuan ng silid niya nang may kumatok.

"Au! Can we come in?" shouted Lust.

"Of course!" Auri replied smiling.

Then her door opened and the seven men were smiling.

"Surprise!" shouted some of them but the ones with quiet personalities just smiled.

"So... how do you like it, sis?" kuya Prius asked, arms resting over her shoulder while looking at the open box.

"Beautiful," she replied and looked at the men. "Thanks, didn't expect this."

"Well, we just want to add enthusiasm. You know, compared to those students we saw in the boutique they seemed really excited, but you on the other hand is not," Cyclone noted.

Auri sighed and leaned against her brother's side. "I honestly don't want to attend the party but I have to, so..." she made a face.

"Why not?" kuya Kronack asked while flipping a comic book she collected from her favorite anime, Naruto.

"It's boring," she replied.

"Just stay for about half an hour for attendance then call us and we'll fetch you," kuya Rogue advised.

"But..." she trailed, her mind thinking about her classmates that might complain of her short stay.

"What?" tinaasan siya ng kilay ni kuya Prius.

"Nothing," Auri smiled, discarding her worries.

She shouldn't worry about them. They could be happier without her around.

"Cool, ready yourself then," umakbay din sa kanya si kuya Leaf. "We'll take photos of us before Prius drives you to the venue," anito.

"'Kay..." Auri replied then clapped her hands. "Out, brothers."

"Can I borrow this one?" kuya Rogue showed her one of Naruto comic books.

"Sure kuya Rogue."

Pagkalabas ng mga ito ay naligo na siya at nag-ayos para sa party. After about two hours Auri was ready to go. One spin in front of the whole body mirror, Auri smirked and gave herself a flying kiss through the mirror before she took her pouch and went out of her room.

And of course, the men of the house were already in the living room waiting for what they call— a photo shoot.

"Gorgeous," kuya Prius said proudly.