34

Your POV

When you finally woke up, you were alone. Tom was no longer holding you. He was no longer in bed. He was no longer even in the room.

You closed your eyes and pulled the covers over your head. Why did life have to be a mess?

A tiny creaking sound was made from the opening off the door. You pulled the covers down just below your eyes so you could see what was going on.

"Did I wake you?" Tom whispered and froze in his tiptoeing position.

"No. What are you doing?"

"I thought you would like some medicine and water." He walked over and put the two items on the nightstand.

You slowly rolled over, any fast movements made you nauseous, and took the medicine. "Is it too much to ask if I can take a shower?"

"No of course not. Help yourself. You remember where everything is?"

You nodded your head. Couldn't forget this place or anything about it even if you wanted to.

You slowly got out of bed. You looked around for your bag but then realized it was back at his parents house. Great. Now your two clothing options were your dress from last night or keep wearing his sweats. Sweats it is, sorry Tom.

You walked to the bathroom and closed the door. In the mirror your makeup was awful. Mascara gave you black eyes, and your remaining lipstick was smudged. He saw you like that this morning. Keeps getting better and better.

You turned around to turn on the shower making sure it was extra warm. Once it was to the perfect temperature, you stepped in letting the warmth consume you. You made sure to wash your face to get everything off.

When you got out, you wrapped the towel around yourself and opened the small cabinet beside the sink. Tom always had an extra toothbrush for when you used to stay with him because there was always something you would forgot to bring. Bingo. A pack of four was sitting on the shelf right in front of you. One was missing from the last time you were here.

You cleared your mind of flashbacks wanting to invade your thoughts and started brushing your teeth. You put his clothes back on and walked out the door.

Tom was in the kitchen cooking. When he heard the door open he looked at you and did a double take.

"Oh, so I get a double look when I look like this but not last night?"

"You didn't look like you last night. The makeup, dress, heels." He turned around and went back to cooking.

Fuck. "That wasn't supposed to be said out loud."

He shrugged his shoulders with his back still facing you. "I like when you wear my stuff."

Your face started to turn red. Thank you for not turning around right now Tom. You cleared your throat and placed a few fallen strands behind your ear.

"I used a toothbrush that was in the cabinet. I hope you don't mind."

"They're there for you. I didn't know how you were feeling, if you felt like eating or not, so I decided to go ahead and cook you something. If you're feeling too sick still I can eat it later"

"Oh God if you're cooking then it's all going to be burnt." You laughed thinking of his previous cooking attempts. Setting a towel on fire, begging you to make the food because he kept messing it up.

He turned around and threw a strawberry at you. "Guess who isn't getting any food now."

"Im kidding."