Chapter 123: Back To That Key Moment ②

After the New Years, several visitors arrived at their snow-clad residence. The party comprised the original companions who'd gone with them to seal the Devil's Tree, with Kaiser at the head. There were a total of five people and over twenty guards. One of the girls had a special identity. She was Tylor's sister, the little princess of the Holy Empire, and Kaiser's fiancee; Ticia.

After sealing the Devil's Tree, Kaiser and the others were awarded the title of 'Hero' by the Holy Empire, and they became famous throughout the continent. Ticia fell in love with Kaiser at first sight during the Hero honouring ceremony. When he graduated, the King announced their marriage.

The purpose of their visit was to invite Tylor to Kaiser and Ticia's wedding ceremony.

Before coming here, Kaiser hadn't known that Shang Ke was still alive. So, when he walked into the small courtyard of the bamboo house, and found Shang Ke making tea on a stone table in the snow, his shock was palpable.

"Shang... Shang Ke!" Kaiser watched in disbelief as Shang Ke slowly walked towards him. His memories of the time they had lived together three years ago emerged bit by bit. Each scene appeared vividly, including the bloody conclusion that unfolded. The man he believed to be sleeping under the ground was now alive and whole before his eyes.

"How are you?" Shang Ke smiled at him happily.

Kaiser dashed up to him and lunged over to wrap the man tightly in his arms. "You're alive! You're still alive!"

His warm temperature, his steady heartbeat, and his familiar smell made Kaiser feel not only the joy of recovering something he had lost but also a sense of security.

Suddenly, a strong force tore Kaiser apart from Shang Ke, and Tylor stared at him with an unwavering gaze. He had his suspicions of Kaiser's feelings for Shang Ke in the past, but now he could confirm it with his own eyes.

Kaiser hadn't recovered from his excitement yet when he saw Tylor holding Shang Ke's waist, and his eyes flickered slightly.

"Second brother." The little princess Ticia stepped forward and greeted Tylor softly. Her eyes scanned Shang Ke from head to foot once.

"Your wedding date has been fixed?" Tylor emphasised the phrase 'wedding date'.

Shang Ke was not surprised by Kaiser's marriage to Ticia, since according to the information provided by the system, Kaiser did marry the princess. As the 'main character' of this world, he would have a fruitful career and love, and his future would be smooth-sailing.

Just then, the voice of the system broke out in his mind.【'Main Character' conversion has occurred. The world's main character has converted from Kaiser to Tylor.】

Shang Ke's eyes flashed with a trace of surprise. Main character conversion? Why?

The system did not answer. In these worlds, some characters are vital to the fate of the world. Sometimes, there are side characters in the world that outshine the main character and essentially take their place.

In this world, Kaiser held a portion of the fate of the world and had the chance to become the real 'main character'. If Shang Ke had fallen in love with him instead, he would have become the real 'main character'. Following Shang Ke would have helped him swallow the role completely, and the moment he succeeded, he would immediately take possession of the world's fate as the destined character.

In previous worlds, secondary characters who had the chance to become the main character also existed. Fortunately, Shang Ke had always recognized the true main character, and he hadn't allowed the secondary characters to gain enough power to contend for the spot of the destined character.