Chapter 125: Sentinel & Guide (II)

Because of the intelligence they received, the sentinel's rescue operation went smoothly, and they controlled the situation before the terrorists could resist. According to the original development, the operation had resulted in casualties, even though they'd successfully subdued the terrorists. But this time around, they completed the task with no losses.

Yonis stood on a high platform and scanned the noisy crowd below, attempting to find the guide who had given him information, but the noise and unpleasant smell all around rendered the place unbearable for sentinels. If a guide intentionally hid his spirit guide, it would be difficult for a sentinel to track him under such circumstances.

"Sir, the mission has been completed. Let's pack up the team." A sentinel came forward, asking for instructions. The surrounding din made him anxious and uncomfortable.

"Pack up." Yonis looked around for a while, but he failed to find what he was looking for and no longer wished to remain. As long as that person was still in Biyashi, he would find him eventually.

When he turned his head, he suddenly caught sight of a figure walking out of the mall amidst the crowd. Yonis moved in a hurry, trying to close the distance between them in several leaps. But when he chased the man beyond the mall's vicinity, he could no longer find any traces of him.

Shang Ke couldn't stay because he still had the detonator with him. He had to dispose of it as soon as possible. As for the bombs in the shopping mall, he'd let the professionals slowly dismantle them.

This kind of detonator used the principle of signal transmission. So long as it left the signal coverage area, it would cut off the connection between the detonator and the bomb. Shang Ke chose a random direction and went straight ahead until the lights in the device went out. Then, he walked to a bridge and threw the detonator into the river.

Next, Shang Ke was going to face fierce retaliation from the anti-government union. They would never be merciful to traitors, not to mention the fact that the original owner had acquired many secrets about the union.

Shang Ke had to create a new identity for himself and then conceal his whereabouts as much as possible.

He evaded surveillance and quickly turned into an alley. After confirming that there was no one around, Shang Ke pulled out a few cards from his pocket, which he had stolen amidst the chaos. Although his methods weren't right, in order to survive, he could only apologize. He considered it the reward for saving their lives.

Shang Ke checked his spoils carefully. There were identity cards, credit cards, anonymous shopping cards and a free pass card. Identity cards and credit cards required fingerprint and password verification, and were thus of little use to Shang Ke, but the anonymous shopping cards and free pass cards could resolve his most urgent needs.

Before the other party could report the missing card, he could use the shopping card to buy goods in an unmanned store, while he'd use the free card to surf the web at an internet cafe.

The premise, of course, being that there were enough points in the shopping card and free pass card.

Shang Ke was rather lucky. The balance of both cards was above 300k points. This didn't surprise him, since he'd deliberately considered the people who dressed exquisitely as victims of his theft. Such people usually had several unverified consumption cards, which would not only allow for convenient and quick transactions, but could also be given as 'tips' to others.

Looking at the balance, Shang Ke estimated that the other party would not care about losing one or two shopping cards and a free pass card.

Shang Ke first found a 'black shop' that didn't require a registered identity, and then went to an unmanned shop to buy some useful daily necessities. When he returned to his residence, he began to cut and dye his hair, trim his eyebrows, and rebuild his image.