Chapter 129: Sentinel & Guide (VI)

The house assigned to Shang Ke by the Guide Labor Union was a two-story compound villa that had a similar architectural style to the other houses. It belonged to Zone 2 of the Sky Ring residence and was three blocks away from Zone 1, where Yonis lived. At his speed, Yonis would only need about ten seconds to reach Shang Ke's residence.

Nevertheless, Yonis still lived with Shang Ke on the grounds of "protection", moving with him from Zone 1 to Zone 2. Of course, if Shang Ke wanted to live in Zone 1 occasionally, it would absolutely be no problem.

As a Rank A Dark Sentinel, Yonis was only responsible for handling major events, so except for the required training, he usually had a lot of free time. It thrilled him to spend that time cultivating feelings with Shang Ke.

Although they had not bonded yet, he would feel extremely comfortable every time he made contact with his spirit guide. Hidden anxieties that had accumulated from years of combat seemed to recover bit by bit under Shang Ke's nourishment.

A sentinel with a guide was happiness!

Yonis was content in his heart. The only thing that bothered him was that he couldn't bond with his guide immediately.

Looking at Shang Ke getting healthier day by day, he believed that the glorious day would arrive soon.

After continuous exercise, Shang Ke's fitness steadily improved; the physical gains accumulated from several worlds gradually showed up in this new body. The muscles, bones, toughness and so on, had reached perfect coordination.

If Shang Ke was still a bit emaciated two months ago, he had completely transformed now. He restored his dyed black hair to its original bright wine red, and lean muscles had grown stronger and more compact, outlining a beautiful figure. His slender body stood upright and handsome, and the faded ugly scars looked like a pale pink tattoo.

The changes in Shang Ke were all seen by Yonis, who felt like he was opening a dusty treasure box with new surprises found inside every day.

"Sir, bad news! Sir Monroe is in danger!" An urgent message broke through Yonis' easy and comfortable life.

Monroe was one of the three Rank A Dark Sentinels along with Yonis.

"What happened?" Yonis asked.

"Some time ago, Sir Monroe received a secret mission. But after returning from it, his mental state appeared abnormal and his mental field seemed to have begun collapse."

"I see. I'll be right there." Yonis hung up the call and glanced towards Shang Ke at his side. He said, "Would you like to go somewhere with me?"

Shang Ke nodded.

Together, the two headed straight to Monroe's residence in Zone 1.

As soon as he got to the door, Shang Ke noticed that the chaotic spiritual elements floating in the air resembled boiling hot water, moving up and down wildly.

Yonis stepped forward and released his powers, setting up a spiritual barrier for Shang Ke so he wouldn't get hurt by the rampaging spiritual elements.

Led by the soldiers, they came to Monroe's room. There were seven people standing inside, and among them was Mitchell, the third Rank A Dark Sentinel in Biyashi. In addition, there were two Rank C Dark Sentinels, one Rank A guide, and two Rank B guides.

The three guides were pale, each standing next to a Dark Sentinel with deep fear in their eyes.

When they saw Yonis walk in, all but Mitchell saluted him.