Chapter 35

London trip pt1

Also, do we miss Draco's POV? I kinda do, maybe I will do that soon.. ;)

As soon as the words flood into my ear my palms become thick with sweat, and my air leaves my lungs. I take a pause to think of what to do.

Draco has just admitted to Dean being a new 'recruit'? What does that even mean? I watched him die. I saw his body become lifeless in a matter of milliseconds.

I know he cannot possibly be alive, but then why are they talking about him?

I sat for a moment longer trying to see if the boys had any more information I can cling onto. Of course, they kept the conversation short before going to their separate rooms.

I pace away from the door with my mind still running in circles. Draco did say that he wasn't going to tell me yet. So, does that mean he will eventually tell me? How will I be able to be in London with an apartment filled with people that know information about my best friend.

The rest of the night was spent sitting upright in bed thinking of all the possible scenarios for the term 'recruit'.

I would usually assume that means a new follower of the Dark Lord, but in this case, I am clueless.

Since Dean is dead, nothing I can think of makes sense.

By the time the sunrise peaks through the windows in the bedroom, my mind feels like it has melted.

When I hear a knock on my door my eyes flash across the room. I look down to my hands and realize I have nearly picked away the skin around them from anxiousness.

The gems remain in their same position.

"Come in!" I yell.

Blaise peeks through the doorway turning his attention to me, "We are leaving in ten." His voice is low, most likely because he just woke up.

"Alright, be down soon."

He gives me a nod and closes the door behind him. I get out of the unused bed and walk to the small bag I have packed.

Why are we leaving so early anyway? We are using Floo Powder, is there something we are going to in London that is early?

I take my few things and start to head down to the foyer. I don't even think about changing into new clothes.

Walking down the steps of the Manor, I see Draco and Blaise standing with Daphne as they wait for everyone else to join them.

I wonder if Daphne knows anything about what the boys are talking about with Dean. I mean she dated him for so long, I don't think they would hide information about him to her. Would they?

Do all of them know? Are they all going to try and avoid the topic of Dean to me for the time being? I suddenly become very uncomfortable.

I place my bag down on the floor next to me as I wait quietly for us to leave.

"Okay, I'm ready." Adrian walks in holding his small duffle. "Nott! Parkinson! Hurry the fuck up!" He roars up the stairs.

I watch as Theo lazily walks down the stairs, "Jesus fucking Christ Pucey, it's too early to hear your goddamn voice." He keeps his head down as his sleepy legs carry himself towards us.

Pansy then makes her appearance as she tries to carry all of her bags down to the foyer, "Yeah! Don't worry about me! I don't need any help!" She sarcastically speaks to the crowd as the bags fall down her shoulders.

"I told you not to bring so much shit.." Theo whispers under his breath.

She replies by rolling her eyes, but she eventually makes it down to us.