-ˋ 43

CHAPTER FORTY THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH A TIGER IS ENCOUNTERED

. . .

"It's strange.. I kind of miss the lessons." Tiger was sprawled across James's bed, Peter and the Potter boy sat by the pillows, whilst Sirius was sat on the floor, bed leaning against the wooden bed frame.

"Right?" Sirius pushed himself up so he was looking over at his friends. "They're for an upcoming war and everything.. but they're fun."

"I can't believe you're saying that." James made a face as he looked between his girlfriend and best friend. "You think training for an upcoming war is fun? Because you're absolutely right I have the time of my life in those lessons."

"God Prongs I thought someone had spiked your firewhiskey." The dark-haired boy at the foot of the bed sat down on the mattress, shaking the curls out of his eyes. 

"Don't think you can fool me for a minute Potter." Tiger grinned. "And you're both very right, those lessons are the most fun I've had in a while."

"You're all completely metal." Peter's jaw was dropped as he looked between them. "You can't be serious, you think that they're fun? They're teaching us how to survive a war."

"Wrong. They're teaching us how to win a war." James corrected, but upon seeing Peter and Tiger's exchange of looks he faltered. "Is that.. not the case?"

"Well it is, but James we're a bunch of teenagers." The Howell girl sighed. "I really hate to be the voice of reason here, but to win the war we need to go against a really dark, powerful wizard."

"To combat that we have Dumbledore."

"And he has a bunch of stupid teenagers who blow things up for fun. Or dye peoples' clothes pink." Tiger Howell raised her eyebrows, before clapping her hand over her mouth. "Oh my god - I'm becoming boring!"

"No, you're being dramatic." Sirius replied, before clapping his hand over his mouth as well. "You're replacing me!" He gasped, pointing wildly at Tiger.

"You two are comedic geniuses, aren't you." James shook his head. "And - fuck Treacle that hurts." He hissed as the cat jumped up onto his lap, claws attatching to his jeans. "Tiger, get your cat off of me."

"My cat? James I hate to break this to you but that cat is ours." Tiger stood up either way, sitting down beside her boyfriend and carefully extracting Treacle's claws out of his jeans, cuddling the cat up to her face, frowning as she began to lick her cheek. "Fucking hell that feels like sand paper."

"Would that mean that when you're in your animagus form.." James trailed off, eyes lighting up as he looked at his girlfriend.

"James you've got to be kidding me." The Howell girl got exactly what he was saying immediately. "It's a miniscule thing - I don't need to show you."

"Yes you do. 100%." 

"What if your mum walks in?" Beside the two, Sirius and Peter's heads were bouncing back and forth like they were watching a tennis match, the first finally cottoning on and smirking.

"Come on Tiger, you have to." Sirius grinned. "Just for fun. We need to pass some time anyway."

"Fine." Tiger really didn't need much convincing as she stood up from the bed, placing Treacle back onto James's lap. "I wonder if she'll hate it." The girl considered, before visualising the beast that her form took and praying that it didn't change again. 

Soon enough, her eyes flickered open and her vision was a couple feet further down than before. A glance into the mirror across the room from her confirmed she was indeed in her animagus form, and with one leap she was up on the bed.

Treacle was watching with slight fear in her eyes, and bowing her head Tiger gently nudged her, laughing as the cat began to lick her once more. Only it came out more of a growl and the boys around her could actually laugh as the tiger settled over James and Peter's laps.

"Holy fuck tigers are heavy." James wheezed, trying to move the large orange animal off of his lap. "Hey - calm down." He spoke to the tiger when she snapped her jaw, headbutting his stomach and winding him.

All of a sudden, the door swung open and there stood Euphemia Potter, pile of folded clothes in her arm, which promptly fell to the floor. The woman blinked, looking from the three boys to the small ginger cat and the very large ginger tiger, all of which stared right back at her.

"That's Tiger right.. you know what - I'm.. I'm not even going to ask." Euphemia hurried to gather up the clothes, shutting the door to a laughing group of boy, and amongst the laughter were several roars.

a/n
thank you so so
much for 1 million thats 
crazy ilysm

also idk what this was im
in the mood to write cute shit
and this is just a filler to move
things on