Chapter 26

The moment I raised my head, I almost went blind at the sight of two completely naked bodies; Kade and Jovi, on the bed, in the middle of a hissing hot sexual session,

Jovi squeaked, jerking away from Kade like an electrocution just occurred, immediately picking her scattered clothes from the floor to shield her breasts from view.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, opened the door wider and ran out, slamming it shut.

I didn't stop running till I stopped by the elevator, panting. I hit the elevator button repeatedly, not being patient enough for it to open slowly.

I rushed into it the moment it opened, hitting the button to the 7th floor. Before the doors closed completely, I observed a man running in the direction of the elevator to stop it from closing completely but he wasn't quick enough, they shut before he could stop them.

I sighed, raking my fingers through my hair. "Stupid Hames said they were going to be out now." I frowned.

"Gosh, my eyes need holy water." I chuckled, cringing as the scene of Kade and Jovi flashed in my head.

The elevator doors separated. I scurried out of it and to 'ROOM 7K', pushed the door open, scurried in then slammed the door, resting my back against it.

Hames was on the phone. He raised his head to me. "Yeah, whatever." He dropped the phone on the center table.

"He was in!" I hollered. "And I happened to witness something accidentally."

"I know, he just called me. The idiot ought to have left already a meeting but he got distracted by a woman. So stupid." He said with a straight face.

It sounded awkward to hear Kade being insulted, as his ex-secretary.

"Wait till 30 minutes, you'll go again to grab the files. They are very important and I need them urgently." He looked away from me, wearing a frown, then started typing on his laptop.

I stared at him for a while, not moving from where I stood, still leaning against the door.

"Don't just stand there looking gormless, we have a lot of work to do." He didn't yell but the deepness of his voice caused me to flinch.

I sauntered to him, dropped the card on the center table, taking a seat on the couch across him. My stomach rumbled, reminding me of the fact that I hadn't had breakfast.

"Your breakfast is in the kitchen, someone already brought it." He informed me with an irritated voice, not raising his head from the laptop.

"Oh, thank- thank you, sir." I rose to my feet, shuffling to the kitchen.

A tray of food was set on the counter. I didn't bother taking it to the living room, I stayed and ate my food in the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of chilled orange juice and gulped it down my throat.

I sat on the counter for a few more minutes before finally deciding to return to the living room.

He was now standing by the window, gazing outside while he was on the phone once again.

I sat on the couch, glancing around for what I could start working on.

He glanced at me, pulling the phone away from his ear. "Miss Mark, Kade's out now, please go over and grab the file."

"Are you sure they're both out?" I cocked a skeptical eyebrow at him.

"Yes, just go." He rolled his eyes, returning the phone to his ear. "Yes, Mr. Bridgett, someone is available at the company for you to have a meeting with."

I rose to my feet, picked the card from the center table then sauntered out of the room.

I used the elevator once again to transport me to the 4th floor, shambling to 'ROOM 4G'.

Just to confirm, I gave a knock on the door. There was no response so I went for another knock. There was no response again so I inserted the card into the right hole, opened the door, took the card out, strolled into the room, shut the door.

I scanned the entire place, confirming there was no one in, I heaved a sigh.

"12C#." Remembering the file Hames had asked me to bring, I began searching for it. "It shouldn't be hard." They didn't have separate bedrooms unlike ours but one which had a bed, three sofas, a center table, television and other furniture in a bedroom and living room.

It took a couple of minutes before I found the file '12C#' between two files, under a sheet. "Couldn't he have kept it somewhere obvious?" I slipped the file out, ambling to the door.

I turned the door knob, trying to open the door but it seemed to be locked. "What's going on?" I applied extra force to open the door but it wasn't opening, it seemed to be locked from the outside. What was really going on?

I began hitting the door with my fist. "Hello? Is anyone out there? Please open the door." I continued hitting the door repeatedly, screaming for help from the other side but there was nothing.

"Oh no." I creased my forehead in worry, searching around the room for any emergency telephone or button but there was none. "How's it possible to not have any emergency telephone? What sort of stupid hotel is this?" I groaned, regretting so bad that I hadn't brought my phone along with me.

I dropped the file on the table, returned to the door and continued hitting it with my fists, yelling at the top of my voice, "someone, help! I'm locked in here!"

How could the door be locked? Who could've accidentally locked it? I was going crazy, I needed to get out of here. I felt like oxygen was leaving me as every second passed.

I paced around the room, searching for what could be helpful to escape this prison. There was NOTHING!

"Am I really stuck here? Will I have to wait till either Kade or Jovi returned?"

I attempted to call for help once again but there was no response. Out of frustration and of options, I dropped to sit on the floor beside a sofa.