[ Chapter 38 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

Never in your life would you think that Kenny would even return back into your lives. And here you were, two guns aimed at you and Levi by the man who once took care of you.

In the corner of your eyes you could see the older man pressing his fingers on the triggers. You pushed Levi aside with your [Right/Left] arm, shoving him aside from Kenny's aim. One of the bullets shot right at you, hitting you in the shoulder. Levi's eyes widened as he stared at you, his pupils shaking in anger. You hissed as the bullet pierced through your delicate skin through your shirt, holding your hand against the wound to try and stop the bleeding a little.

Your eyes looked around. You needed a way to escape. Now.

You and Levi both had the same idea as he pulled you by your still working arm, gently but with a hurry. "We need to separate and get to Eren. Go." He said, sliding down the roof of the building you were on.

You nodded and took one last glance at Mifa's corpse before turning away and shooting your hooks on a random building on the other side of the roof.

Zipping through the reasonably tall buildings, you felt steam coming from your shoulder. Never had you felt so lucky to be abnormal and have these weird abilities. You had advantage over these people targeting the Survey Corpse, and they were definitely going to regret even thinking of attacking you.

You turned around the corner, your gaze locking with the cart Eren and Historia were in. You saw Levi in the distance trying to get closer before more of Kenny's people appeared right before your eyes.

You shot your grappling hooks onto the ground as they aimed at you, your body speeding to the floor. You managed the dodge the bullets as you did a little backflip once your hands could reach the ground. You changed course and steered around using your 3DMG, the five people still following you right behind. You let out a little cuss as you sped up, using as little amount of gas as you could.

You peered behind you, two women and three men. All seemed to trained to a certain extent and were built like they knew what they were doing. You scoffed. Guess they never met anyone like you then, huh?

You made eye contact with them, one of the men already aiming at you. You smirked, slowing down and shooting one of your hooks right at the man's chest. Using the man, you propelled forward at the others, pulling out your two swords. You used your momentum to slash through the man's chest, his body falling down to the ground. "Hank!" One of the women screamed out as they watched their comrade hit the stone.

You immediately took off after that, hiding behind one of the stone pillars of a building. Once the now four people zoomed past, you followed behind them using your gear. Sneaking up on one of the women, you kick your boot into her back, the satisfaction of the sound of her spine snapping greeting your ears. She opened her mouth only for a small pained sound to escape her pink lips as she fell to her death.