CH 37

Argentina didn't know if he changed personalities when his eyes glowed, so she only looked at him silently, contemplating what response should she use to his random question, she was annoyed already from the book so she only moved the book away from her way and stood up dusting her dress, unlike Merla and Tia, she liked wearing dresses more, although she likes her training attire and more than anything her official one that indicates their position as guardians in trainings, she still liked to wear the dresses that was given to her.

She looked at his grin with peculiarity, "why chess?" Her voice held a bit of skiptistm. He had weird tendencies to the games they play, and last time he was the one that wanted to play, not share her with playing, and she wonders how he is an adult already, oh well...he was more weird than normal, she shouldn't be surprised.

He smiled, he displayed his arm as if to ask her to join him in a stroll to a nearby desk not answering her, she didn't comment and put her hand to his arm, walking with interwined arms, he helped her sit on a chair and brought the chess board, before taking a seat himself in front of her. He was still grinning, intertwining his hands together before resting their chin on them. He looked somehow amused.

"Why chess...hmmm, no reason. I want to play chess, do you want to play chess?" His voice held a playful tone in it, her eyes sending a low glowing beam, making her heart skip a beat with anxiousness. "Okay. I have no problem, let's play." Once she said that he put his arms in the air, making her startled,"Yaay! You are so fun!" He started to arrange the chess board with sickly enthusiasm, but he stopped as if he remembered something, with a cute guilt in his eyes he asked, "do you know how to play?" He looked too pitiful, and sad as if she said yes, he would be severely disappointed.

She held her chuckle in and her slight impulse if saying 'aww' as in this moment he looked like a puppy pouting, and that didn't do well with him being a grown man, it looked too comical. "I can, a bit. Kera taught me."

He grinned as fast as he became sad and continued arranging again with the enthusiasm. "I take red!" He anounced making Argentina chuckle and start grinning the same as him, a minute ago she was so annoyed, and sad...but now she wanted to play, his eagerness was infectious.

After several turns with no talking, just playing, the atmosphere turned a bit chilly when he asked the question out of the blue, "who have you lost, Silver?" She was a bit taken back, because he sounded more like Darkon than his other self, but when she looked up. He still had this faint glow to his eyes. She gulped feeling uncomfortable to his penetrating gaze, "someone...somewhere." she didn't want to talk about it, even with all her fear of him, because she didn't know how he reacts to most of things, not to mention that the rumour of the knights was all because of him.

When silence fell, her fear intensified and she cleared her throat adding, "I really don't want to talk about it...sorry." Darkon only gazed at the girl he used to know for a year and half almost to two years, and he somehow knew that the days she stayed at the orphanage were a bit out of order, she still doesn't know how she drew that photo of the half dragon and the woman he was protecting.

He tilted his head smiling, "No problem, Argentina...no problem at all." His voice held a sweet tone to it but it was weird at the same time, so weird.

Argentina gazed at the board moving the chess piece before overcoming her slight fear of him and asking, "since you asked me a question, I have a one for you too." That amused him greatly, that he chuckled moving the chess piece taking out one of hers making her frown, trying to think of a way to outwit him. When he answered, "of course you can. It's my pleasure to answer you." He pressed on the word 'to answer you' but she didn't comment and asked anyway.

"Do you change personalities?"

Darkon plinked surprised, "pardon?"

"Do you change personalities when..." she moved her finger to his eyes. It was still glowing but the glowing intensified for a brief second before returning to little gleam like before.