Ch. 6

Payton's POV

It's been a week since my grandma passed

It's been a week since my grandma passed. We had her funeral a few days ago. Melissa rushed the whole process, and went the cheapest route for funeral arrangements. So it wasn't as nice as it should've been for her which added more fuel to our estranged relationship.

Today, was my graduation day. I use to be so excited thinking about this day, and now since my grandma is gone I could really careless about this whole thing.

" I'm ready to get this shit over with." I said to myself as I stood in line waiting on them to call my name for my diploma.

" Payton Miller." I walked onstage faking a smile thinking to myself as I shook my teachers hands.

All these hoes fake as hell.

" Congratulations Payton, it's been a pleasure being your coach. Don't worry about what happened. You're a great athlete. You'll get another chance at basketball just don't give up. God has other plans for you, if you ever need anything you got my number." Coach Woodland said as she hugged me.

" Thank you." I said as I released from our embrace.

I went on to shake my principal's hand and got my diploma. As I walked offstage I kept walking until I found myself walking out the nearest exit. It was no point of me staying for the rest of the ceremony. I didn't have family and friends waiting on me like everybody else. Nobody was here to watch me walk across that stage. I didn't fuck with my classmates like that. Since the season is over, and I'm not beneficial to my teammates anymore, they've been talking shit about me every since I lost my scholarship to LSU. So, honestly it's fuck em.

I took a bus to the cemetery. I walked until I found the spot I was looking for. The dirt was still fresh, as I sat down on my grandmother's grave. I placed the flowers on her grave.

" I did it grandma. I just came here to show you my diploma. At first, I wasn't finna go. I didn't have nobody there to watch me walk across the stage, so what was the point, you know? I'm sorry about the way I let Melissa plan your funeral. You deserved better. I wish it was some I could've did about it. I wish I could've paid fa it cause it would've been a whole lot better. She got you out here with no headstone. I'm pissed cause after all you did fa ha, and she didn't even have the decency to get you a headstone. When I get on my feet and get stable, the first thing I'ma do is get you a nice headstone. I promise just give me a couple of months. I'll be back to visit you in a few days. Keep watching over me, I love you." I said as I wiped my tears.

I got up dusting myself off, and started to walk back towards the bus stop. I went back to the motel I've been staying in since Melissa kicked me out. It's not the best, but it's the only place I can afford for right now. I took a shower as I started to get ready for work.

Shiesty's POV