Chapter 30

Practice, practice and more practice. That basically summed up Taehyung's entire week. The boy had been with Jungkook almost every single day of the week to practice the song he was going to sing in the very first live show. While it normally would have been a bit tiresome for the grey haired boy he hadn't really minded doing so much this week. The practice with Jungkook kept his mind away from all the shit that had happened last week and he truly was thankfull for that. Of course the singer also hadn't minded spending more time with his coach too. Jungkook and him had grown closer than ever before and Taehyung definitely couldn't deny that he had some feelings for the younger male. Then again he didn't blame himself for that fact, Jungkook was just perfect.

Nothing too special had happened again between Jungkook and Taehyung. After their almost kiss the brunette hadn't tried again to come that close to Taehyung and the grey haired boy would lie if he said that he wasn't a slight bit disappointed about that fact. However Taehyung knew damn well that it had been too soon anyway. Bogum and him hadn't even talked about things yet and almost all of the singer's stuff was still inside their shared apartment. Taehyung really should close his previous chapter before he started another.

A soft sigh left the grey haired boy's mouth as he thought of all the events that had happened last week. Together with Jimin the two of them had sneakily stole some of Taehyung's possessions back when Bogum had been at work and now the grey haired boy was living together with his best friend. While Jimin's apartment wasn't that big Taehyung was definitely thankful he was allowed to stay there. Somehow it had felt really wrong to just keep infiltrating Jungkook's personal space all the time and while the younger had told Taehyung he could stay as long as he wanted in the guestroom the older boy had politely declined. It just felt wrong and since the grey haired boy really treasured the friendship he and Jungkook shared right now he wasn't willing to put that on the line.

Currently Taehyung was waiting in his dressing room. Since he had made it to the liveshows he was currently priviledged to his very own dressing room and that really made the singer feel like a true star. Of course he knew he wasn't even close to be one but a man could dream, right?

In less than ten minutes Taehyung had to make his way over to the stage to sing his song. An excited yet nervous feeling was present in the grey haired boy's body and he slowly took a deep breath in through his nose, while letting the air escape his lungs again through his mouth. This would be the very first time this season that the voice would be aired on live television. Every mistake Taehyung made would be watched by at least a few million people. Ohh how the grey haired boy just prayed that everything would go well.

The tactic for tonight was simple. Jimin would be watching him from the audience and right from the very first start Taehyung would just look for his face and focus on him the entire song. Jimin had been his best friend for ages now and somehow the grey haired boy was pretty certain the nerves inside his body would calm down a bit once he spotted the friendly face of his best friend.

The song Jungkook and Taehyung had chosen for this liveshow was quite hard. Even though it had been Taehyung who had requested to actually sing this song he had definitely doomed himself with quite a challenge. It had lots of higher notes that Taehyung would usually sing and the original singer's voice was a bit higher than his own. However somehow when Jungkook had asked Taehyung if he had a song in mind that he'd like to sing he had instantly replies with 'Beautiful mess'. Somehow that had been the first to come up to his mind and thus that would be the one he would be singing tonight.

Time flew by and before Taehyung knew it he was getting ready to walk up to the stage when suddenly a loud beeping noise filled the small space of his dressing room. Immediately the grey haired boy raised both his eyebrows in confusion before he quickly walked over to the small table where his phone was laying before opening it. It couldn't have been Jungkook or Jimin who had texted him since the two of them were actually busy watching the performances of the other contestants and apart form those two Taehyung hardly got any texts anyway.