[18]

Akizawa-kun's innocent smile awaited me at cram school.

Compared to that black duo, Akizawa-kun's smile is like a polar opposite.
Aah, he's so soothing...

"What's wrong, Kisshouin-san? You seem kind of tired."

"Yes, well, various things happened, you see."

Right. Various things.

I was supposed to be living in a way that bothered Emperor as little as possible, but to think that I would be nominated as gopher.
What the heck are you doing, me?

"I see. Are you okay?"

No, I'm not okay at all.
But I can't get the untainted Akizawa-kun wrapped up in it.

"If I fail my mission, please pray for my well-being in the afterlife..."

"Huh?"

To begin with, even if I asked Aira-sama the questions that Emperor gave me, would she even answer?
Aira-sama treats me more closely than others, but would she go as far as to answer questions like that?
But if she won't answer, then what the heck will happen to me?
Will I be yelled at and called a useless gopher?
Well, if it's just that much, I don't really care.
Being the woman hated by Kaburagi Masaya would leave me in a precarious position at school though.
Or rather, I was designated as spy in front of all the kids who were in the salon at the time, so won't they all know that I'm a gopher now?
...The day that my in-school position falls might be sooner than expected.
Aahh, the bad possibilities keep on growing.

"Hey, Kisshouin-san. Wanna eat these?"

"Eh-"

Akizawa-kun took out individually-wrapped financiers.

"My mum gave me these in case I got hungry. Eating sweet things might improve your mood."

After saying those words, Akizawa-kun smiled at me.

A-, AKIZAWA-KUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!

What a good kid. You're an angel!
It's like heaven and earth when compared to those two.
I'm so glad that I became your friend!

"Thanks, Akizawa-kun!"

After eating his financiers, I really did feel better.
I even thought that it might be okay to share my treasured kinakomochi flavoured Tirolian chocolates with him.

And so finally, the day of English school arrived.
Ever since that day, I've been avoiding the salon. But today, the moment that I stepped out of the classroom to leave school, I found Emperor standing in the hallway giving me a 'You get it, right...?' look with his eyes, so as the spy that I was, I replied 'Yes, of course!' with my eyes as well, and immediately headed to the shoe rack.
Honestly, now that it's come to this, I have no choice but to keep my head down and play the gopher.

After my English class finished, I waited anxiously for Aira-sama's arrival.
I already let my chauffeur know to come a little later, so things were fine in regards to when I'd be leaving, but the problem was what time Aira-sama would be coming.
If she came just as class started, then we wouldn't have any time to talk.
As you'd expect, I wouldn't be able to just wait here until her classes finished.
Please, Aira-sama. Come quickly.

Perhaps the heavens were on my side, because Aira-sama appeared almost right afterwards.

"Aira-sama!"

"My, it's Reika-san. Gokigen'yoh."

Aah, Aira-sama, thank goodnesss...

"Um, the truth is, there is in fact something I wish to ask you, Aira-sama!"