[21]

Just as expected, the moment that the hour-long class ended, people began to swarm around my desk.

“What on earth was that, Reika-sama!?”

The first shot was fired by my classmate since year 1 and Follower #1, Serika-chan.

“You’ve never told us that you were close to Kaburagi-sama, you know?”

This too was a classmate since first grade, Follower #2, Kikuno-chan.
Amongst all my followers, these two are the ones known as the closest to me, and at times like these, they’re the first to speak up.

“Please calm down, everybody. Kaburagi-sama and I are not particularly close.”

“But for Kaburagi-sama to go out of his way to meet with a girl is,”

“The truth is, I have been entrusted with a certain matter, and we were simply discussing it, all right?”

“A certain matter? What kind of matter?”

“That is, something I do not have the right to talk about…”

At that moment, a sudden chorus of squeals came from around the door to our classroom.

“Kisshouin-san, are you in?”

“ENJOU-SAMAAA!”

The girls around me began kicking up a fuss about him.

What the heck is this guy here for…

“Ah, there you are, Kisshouin-san. About our conversation with Masaya from earlier, when you’re finished with lunch, come to the Pivoine salon, okay?”

That line just caused a bigger fuss.
Aahh, my days of peace are…

“U-, Umm, Enjou-sama? Is it true that Reika-sama has been entrusted something by Kaburagi-sama?”

“Aah, mn. That’s right.”

Again with the squeals and cheers.

“What is it that she’s been entrusted with?”

“Sorry, but I can’t really say. If you girls pry too much, Masaya will get angry, you know? Won’t that be bad? Kisshouin-san is keeping quiet too, see?”

“Indeed.”

“See you later then,” smiled Enjou, before leaving the classroom.
Although the girls were still excited from Enjou’s sudden visit, his mention that Kaburagi Masaya would get angry at their prying stopped them from doing anything more, even though they would have happily hounded me otherwise.

Did that guy come to visit me during our short period-break just to tell me to come to the salon?
Hm~mm. Could it be that he knew that people would hound me about my relationship with Kaburagi, and came here to cover for me?
Hmm, is he really nice enough to do that?
But in the manga, he always casually covered for the protagonist, didn’t he. I guess that means he has it in him.

Hmmmmm…

Well, either way it’s fine.
With this, perhaps even the girls who heard me become a gopher will keep quiet too.
To begin with, those guys began all this, so covering for me this much is a given!

At lunch break, I was too afraid of what might happen if I didn’t go, so although I was reluctant from the depths of my heart, I headed to the salon.

Emperor was sitting cockily on his special seat as usual.
Isn’t he pretty energetic compared to last week?
Even though it would have been great if he just stayed a husk like that…

“Too slow!”

Honestly, I’m just not going to comment anymore…

“Kisshouin-san, how about you sit down for now?”