Chapter 19

"The clock is only hours away from finishing its countdown to the Final Battle between good and evil, Garmadon. Why so sad?" The Overlord asks.

"Me? Sad? Ha! Nonsense. I couldn't be happier. It's just..."

"Lloyd?" The Overlord asks.

"I still have to battle my son and that pesky girlfriend in order to transform Ninjago into my image," Garmadon complains.

"Battle and defeat, if evil is to prevail."

The Ninjas are practicing their new powers on the shore of the island by exploding coconuts. Kai and Cole were shirtless while Jay and Zane were wearing summer shirts.

"Order up. Coconut cream pie. Served well done!" Kai cheers as he uses his powers and makes a coconut explode.

"It is good to have our powers back," Zane says.

"Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cool thing we do, I'd say we've got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say..." Jay says as Cole throws another coconut. "I'd be shocked if we lose!" Jay finishes as he makes the coconut explode.

"Enough! Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?" Wu asks his students.

"Uh, sorry, Sensei. We were just practicing our cool new Elemental Blades," Kai says.

"And our witty quips," Jay added.

"Be wary of overconfidence, Ninja. While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Army, only Lloyd and Y/n alone have the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last."

"Yes, Sensei."

"Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work," Julien explains to Lloyd and Y/n as the Falcon 'awakens.' "Come now, little one. Time to fly," He says as the Falcon flies off to find the Ninjas.

"It is like you Ninja. You each serve very important roles, and are each key parts to a magnificent fighting force," Wu adds.

"Eat dirt, scumbag!" Cole says, almost destroying the Falcon with his powers as Zane counteracts with his Ice.

"That is not a coconut!"

"Nice reflexes," Cole compliments as the Falcon squawks and lands on Zane's arm.

"Good to have you back, old friend."

"If we're all gears, what if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part? What if I can't help Y/n defeat my father?" Lloyd asks as said girl snuggles into his back.

"What if there are no more 'What-ifs?' The Final Battle is almost upon us. When that time comes, we will know the answer to what if whether we like it or not," Wu responds.

"I know you don't want to face your father, but there is no other choice," Nya says.

"But perhaps there is. I used to think it was inevitable, but then I found this," Misako says as she takes out a scroll.

"You mean Lloyd and Y/n won't have to fight? This I gotta hear," Cole says.

"The scrolls say that when the Helmet of Darkness is bequeathed to its rightful ruler, the Celestial Clock will count down to the activation of an unspeakable weapon. The first sign that the Final Battle between good and evil has begun."

"Did you just say 'unspeakable weapon?'" Kai asks.

"And what kind of unspeakable are we talking about?" Y/n asks.