THREE

She had a really inconvenient heart. It always insisted on feelings ever so deeply....

                   -John Mark Green

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Distressed with the turn of situation Jahangir raked hands through his wet hair when the door of his room banged open again.... With this time Haya entering alone with a sad face.

“Baba---” calling out to her father she took hold of his sleeve and tugged it gently to get his attention, which she did as she watched him sitting on his knees with a sigh, giving her all his attention.

“Ji, meri jaan.” passing one of his rarest smiles, Jahangir kissed the insides of her palms, encouraging Haya to speak, not liking the swirls of gloom dancing in her innocent orbs.

(Yes, my life.)

“Aapne rosey ko daata na ? Wo bahut ro rahi thi and....she didn't even talked with me.” at the end of the sentence her lips wobbled and she immediately turned her face down, concealing her tears, not wanting her father to know that she was crying.

( You scolded rosey, right ? She was crying so much...)

Her baba hated her tears and she was scared that he would scold her rosey for making her cry.... And she never wanted that to happen.

She didn't wanted to sadden her rosey more than she already was.

“Ji! Because I asked her to stop playing with you.” Jahangir confessed truthfully with a troubled voice, watching his daughter look up with a loud gasp, her tears now falling more freely, not understanding the reason behind his repellance from her rosey.

Her rosey was the best in the world just like her baba was.... But her heart always broke watching two of her most favourite people always fighting, or say her father always making her rosey cry.

“Par kyu ? I love playing with her....” Sniffing cutely, she pouted with a red nose, not liking her father decision, her little heart now understanding the reason behind her rosey’s sadness.

(But why ?)

It was all because of her father.

“Because you always get into trouble when you are with her, meri jaan.....” cupping Haya’s face Jahangir took a short pause as he wiped the fat tears off her face and continued further, “Aur baba nahi chahte aapko dono mein se kisi ko bhi kuch ho.” passing Haya a soft smile, he kissed her temple, giving her a straight and an honest answer.

( And your baba doesn't want anyone of you to get into trouble.)

Yes, he was afraid of Aria’s presence putting Haya in danger but that didn't mean he never cared about her. She too just like Haya was very dear to him, but she was a brat and listened to no one but him...

Well she had the power to melt the cold hearted men of Durrani’s. Even the cold hearted Aday jaan who wasn't soft towards anyone was too soft towards her, for she had the same hazel green orbs as his late mother, Begum Arsheen Bazil Durrani.

Jahangir never showed care because it was difficult for him to, and she was spoilt enough for him to join his family.

Yes, she is an innocent spoilt brat.

“No! It's nothing like that.” his trail of thoughts broke as he heard Haya, who was looking at him sadly, disheartened hearing how her baba was denouncing her rosey’s involvement of putting her into danger.

It wasn’t her fault.

Infact she was the one who always accompanied her to keep her away from danger. But what to say ? They both were magnets and had always attracted trouble by their side.