Chapter 2

Dhruv's POV

I am angry and frustrated. It's the first time I don't know what to do. I have always been the person who has a freaking solution about everything but, this situation has made me mad. Why the hell did she agree to marry that person? About whom she barely knew anything. I told her angrily that I would not be attending her wedding. I am against her decision. I thought she would change her decision but, she is my stubborn sister and stayed firm on her decision. She is naive, and those greedy people are just taking advantage of her innocence and emotions.

Kabir would have attended her wedding but, Karan demanded his presence in London. Kabir told me that Karan sounded tense but didn't elaborate on the situation. I didn't force him as I know they both would have told me if it would have been a major issue. I would have attended her wedding even after saying that I won't. But now I can't as I am alone here and Dadu can't travel for the time being so I can't go leaving him. They are many servants to take care of him but, he might need my presence if God forbid something unpleasant happens. I was feeling sour as nobody from her true family was attending her wedding. Her family at the wedding are nothing but greedy, money-minded people. I wish I could keep her away from all of them. The more I think about it, the more frustrated I get. I should just go and check on dadu.

I think talking to him will make me feel a bit better. I left my study and started moving towards his room. I reached outside his room and knocked at his door.

I went inside dadu's room and saw him sitting on the bed looking at Sachi's wedding card and faintly smiling.

"Dadu. How are you feeling? Did you take your medicine?" I asked him softly.

"I am fine. It's just that I am sad that I couldn't attend my granddaughter's wedding." He said with a sad smile. He had always been talking about Sachi's wedding and had everything planned for it.

"Even I am sad that she is alone over there when she needs us to be with her on her special day. Now you will say that she has her family with her and she is not alone, but she needed us. Her so-called family is nothing but just a bunch of greedy and selfish people." I said with anger. Whenever I think about them, my regular thoughts get converted into dangerous ones. I instantly go into the mode of planning a murder.

"I know you don't like them but, we can't deny the fact that they are her family. I'm sure you're not pleased with her decision to marry an unknown man so quickly. However, we must respect her decision. She might be having some reasons."

"How are you so calm? I am so tense that I think my head will burst. What if he is not the right person? What if he harms her? What if he plays with her feelings? What if..."

"The list of 'what if' will be pretty long but, you are just counting the negative ones. All of these doubts arose in my head when I learned that my daughter was in love with him and wanted to marry him. I'd known him for so many years. Yet, I was insecure. I thought that she deserved someone perfect. Looking at her hopeful face, I agreed to get them married. I never said it in front of them, but he was a fantastic match for her. I can understand you are protective towards her but, trust me nothing will go wrong. You're concerned about whether or not that boy will be a suitable match for your sister, but what if he proves to be the best? Something is etched in our destiny, and no matter how hard we try to prevent it, we just cannot. So, stop panicking. She deserves a lot of happiness in her life and, she will get it." He said to calm me down. It worked to a degree, but not completely.

"Ok. Dadu. I hope everything turns out to be well." I said.

"Are you attending Mr. Rathi's son's wedding?" He asked me.

"I am not in the mood." I said. If I'm not going to my sister's wedding, I don't want to go to anybody else's.

"You are a businessman. You can't let your mood define your action. You have to go there. We need them to sign a deal with our company. Attending this event will help you to be on their good side." He said. True but still I don't want to go.