Burning Candle

Scarlett reached home. Her knees felt shaky, nothing aligned with her outer senses and loneliness glowed in the house.
Her mom, Irla, worked as a dietician. Talk to her, she will not stop bragging about the celebrities she has worked with. Her dad, Halle, lives 50 miles away from Scarlett's. His job makes sure he stays there. Every week, he sends her adorable flowers, ranging from scented lavender to bouquet of mesmerising roses, with some hand written cards and many other surprises.

Scarlett kept weak steps towards a painting hung next to the photo frame of her mother starstruck, standing next to Amber Heard. The painting captivated her unlike any other time she had seen it; two parallel lines, bounding the burning candle, its glassy wax oozing all over. Above and below the lines it was bright, but darkness spoke where the candle lit.

The screeching halt of the car brought her to reality.
She hoped it was her mother. She peeked through huge windows and was disappointed to see a different car, not her mothers pure white one.  Scarlett walked into the kitchen to fill her growling stomach.

As she was pouring the fresh milk into a bowl, the sound of a glass shattering into  fragile pieces chimed in her ear. Scarlett sprinted in the direction of the sound upstairs. Exactly when she reached the 10th staircase, an old man with body like jelly assembled in Minecraft, wearing the most vicious grin was revealed, better known to us as the balloon vendor. Heavy steps were heard downstairs. Frightening hormones flushed her blood. She felt chemicals converge, burning her brain. Her body lost composure when she saw the fat man descending towards her.
Even before she could discern anything, she felt a damp towel against her pale face. The giant men in a coal coloured uniform  chloroformed her. Scarlett bid adieu to the world temporarily after inhaling the toxic drug.

⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉ ⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉ ⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉ 

"Boy! She was so vulnerable! Crying o'er a balloon!"

"You sure this is her?"

"Yeah."

"How much longer, Wick?"

"Another 10 minutes, sir."

"Get your guns, ready lads! You know the drill."

"Take your dough man, good job. Zip your big mouth, get me? You ain't going nowhere if the tea gets spilt" Scole hissed handing the Asian vendor a case full of money.

After about an hour, the car reached a secluded deep forest with Redwood, Cedar towering all over.

       Hornbills didn't cackle here,
       Hyacinths didn't let their spicy scent;
       Butterflies didn't hover over the Water Lilies,
       For it seemed like all of them knew the cruelty waged here!

Standing like beasts, ready for battle; there stood those black vans.

Scarlett was transferred into one of those vans. She was semi-conscious. In there, two others were sitting, chained hands and taped mouths; just like how Scarlett was.
Scarlett couldn't see the pain in their eyes as the blonde, who looked like a shrivelled pea, sat facing the door; while the man with his perfectly groomed hair, had his eyes blindfolded.

                                   ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵ 

Hey, bubs!!!
How was the chapter?
Do you want to see how Zen, Scarlett and others look like?
Please leave a vote. I would love to read yours feedback!