5

diluc sighed once again, annoyed by kaeyas comments, he was about to speak up how he had other things to do. but the man was once again interrupted.

"that is a fairly good idea." jean suddenly said and turned her head at kaeya, complementing him on the matter. diluc wanted to oppose badly.

he reasoned, "you cant order me too. im not part of the knights." he said in a serious tone, stepping closer to the rest and glaring at kaeya.

"but you must still protect mondstadt at all times." jean said to diluc, she continued, "you said it yourself, she might be dangerous." jean retorted.

thats when you were done, you placed both your hands down on the couch to support you in standing up.

after sitting for a while, you had regained your energy and you pushed yourself up. "he isnt going." you said as you were now standing straight.

you received questioning looks from lisa, kaeya, jean and even diluc. you spoke up again, "thats because im not going either." you concluded.

jean wanted to speak up, tell you how you had to verify your identity for them but you beat her to it, "you cant force me too." you said and folded your arms in front of your chest.

"im not from mondstadt, i have no obligation to listen to you." you continued saying. you didnt have to go at all, you dont know why they thought you would.

thats when you heard kaeya chuckle besides you, you snapped your head at him and wondered what was so funny. kaeya had brought one hand up to slightly cover his mouth while he was laughing.

he caught your questioning gaze and explained himself. "sorry, sorry." he started apologizing for his laughing fit. then kaeya started slowly walking towards you while speaking up.

"so our little y/n here thinks she has a choice, huh?" he said out while smirking as he paced closer to you. kaeya was now towering over you, trying to intimate you.

if things really went bad, you were ready to use your electro vision and flee, but you couldnt risk it. they didnt know that you have a vision and it should stay like that.

you looked up to meet his gaze and stare back, showing him that you werent intimidated. he got way too close to your liking. if he were to take one step closer, you would touch noses.

then you saw him retreat, but not on his own accord, a hand pushed him away from besides you.

you looked down at kaeyas chest and saw what was pushing him back to his position, it was someones hand in a black and red glove, you knew immediately who it belonged too.

diluc then spoke up again, "enough." he simply said and retracted his hand from kaeyas chest as he was far enough.

kaeya simply obeyed, he stood on his previous position again and spoke up, acting like that didnt just happen, "we have ties with all nations here. you will do what we say or simply put you as wanted." he said while looking at you.

obviously you didnt want that, that was like the whole point of being undercover as a fatui harbinger all the time, to not be recognized. you would not let them take your freedom so easily.

the whole room fell silent after that, jean broke the silence, "i assume that you will go then?" she asked you as she shifted her eyes at you, waiting for your response.

"... yes." you finally said, giving in. at least you still had a plan. lisa who was still besides jean then took a step forward, leading the conversation.

she looked rather happy, a sweet smile on her face regardless of the situation. "great! then diluc, aether and y/n will make a trip to liyue to confirm her identity." she concluded and jean nodded at her.

"we have four weeks untill aether gets back." jean said, she walked back to her desk, grabbing a pile of documents and analyzing it again. "y/n, i know you paid to stay for one week, i will cover the costs of letting you stay another three weeks." she said.

and with that, jean left her office with a pile of work. "how sweet." you muttered out as you realized you were staying here against your will.

lisa spoke up as she brought both her hands together, "sweetie you should head home and rest." she said with care in her voice, it was soothing to say to the least.

kaeya then added on to lisas comment, "dont do anything funny." he warned you and you realized this man litterally just threatened you twice in not even five minutes time.

you ignored kaeyas threat and spoke up, "ill be leaving then." you said as you didnt know how to act anymore. and with that, your feet moved on its own to the door of jeans office, ready to leave.

as you were standing outside in the night sky, you knew better than to run away right now. you still had a chance to prove your fake innocence and you would. for your own identity.

it was cold, mainly because you were still in a tanktop and it was in the middle of the night. you didnt complain and just fastened your pace to your resident.

as you arrived, you quickly went inside and went straight to your bedroom where your phone was located. grabbing the device in an instant and unlocking it as well.

you started typing, your fingers flowing over the keyboard, hitting each key with care but still fast.

No. 12
mission abandoned.

those two words were enough to let them know about your status, it was a waste really and you felt slightly disappointed.

you hit the send button and your screen became a bright white again, lighting up in the dark room. you waited a bit and finally relaxed after you saw the letters 'sent.' light up your screen.

right after you did that, you went to your other messenger app. you selected the eleventh fatui harbinger and started writing your message to him.

y/n
i failed the mission. in four weeks i will go to to liyue with two others to confirm my identity. help me out.

you pressed send and waited a bit for the response. this messenger app was strictly for work purposes, fatui purposes basically. which meant that the person receiving mesages through it would be rare.

then you saw your screen light up, he replied to you already.

Childe
you got it.

and with that, you felt the corners of your mouth slightly twist upwards, he always got your back and you were incredibly thankful for that.

this plan was actually going to work now, you were glad and turned your phone off again, placing it on the nightstand besides your bed.

you then laid down on the bed and shifted enough to make yourself as comfortable as possible. not much later your eyes shut, you fell into a deep sleep.