𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈: What She's Done

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

WHAT SHE'S DONE

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          LYRA JUPITER is haloed with blood.

She catches sight of herself in glass, her reflection contorting and wavering. Scarlet staining her half-naked body as she moves lifelessly through the deserted halls of Level 5, soaking through the white gauze bandaging her upper chest and lower torso. Her teeth are stained an ugly, callous red. Ruby is stiff, crusting her collarbones. Whether it's Vincent or the man she shot in the head or her own blood, she does not know.

She forces herself to keep moving. Her eyes flicker to her wrists and she blanches. They are still stained with crimson, half-scarred, covered in soot.

She feels as if she is wading through a nightmare.

None of them speak. Not Bellamy, not Clarke, not Monty. There is nothing left to be said.

The mess hall is littered with corpses.

Bodies mutilated beyond belief. Scattered across the tables, slumping over what had become their last meals. Countless. Life had once resonated in this chamber; Lyra still remembers how alive it had been when she'd first seen it. Families talking, friends laughing. And now it is silent.

No one has been left alive.

By her feet, blood smeared cards are scattered across the floor. And the child's hand stretching out to them. . .

Tears streak listlessly down her cheeks, intertwining with the ash and the blood. Clarke starts to forge forward through the sea of the dead. Monty is at her heels. Lyra lets Bellamy tug her along. She can hardly feel his touch.

Then, breaking the visceral silence, she hears something: Jasper's sobs.

They find him cradling Maya's body as if she is a limp doll. Her face is battered almost beyond recognition, but Lyra would have recognized her no matter what. Besides, there is no one else Jasper would have cried as hard for.

"What did you do?" He splutters, squeezing her dead body tightly, crushing her to his chest.

Clarke answers. "We had no choice."

"I was gonna kill Cage," he manages, lifting his dark eyes to them. They are manic with rage and damp with despair. "If you'd just given me one more minute, it would've been over!"

"Jasper," says Bellamy in a barely-controlled voice. He looks defeated. "They never would've stopped."

"We have to go to the dorm," says Clarke quietly.

Bellamy nods. He grips Lyra's hand. "C'mon."

Lyra lets him drag her along listlessly. They leave Jasper and Monty alone in the room full of corpses.