65| BEFORE YOU SLEEP

Later on in the night, Callas sat down at her desk, staring blankly at her computer screen. The clock at the bottom right-hand corner read 'eleven forty-nine p.m.'. Her cursor hovered over the same document that Will had left, and she would occasionally switch to the article that he had also brought up. With a sigh, she stood up, making her way over to her bedroom door. When she opened it, she was met with darkness, and she peaked her head out and looked down the hallway, seeing a light shining from underneath Reed's door. She stepped out of her room and made her way over to his, gently knocking on his door. There was a shuffling on the other side, and when he opened the door, she could see police files scattered on his bed, and a movable corkboard was shoved between the furthest side of his bed and the wall. Some random work-related pictures and notes were stuck up with pins and a red string was connecting some of the notes of text.

     "I thought you were asleep," he told her, checking his watch.

     "Wasn't tired." She shrugged. He glanced back to see what she was looking at and he sighed, opening his door more to let her in.

     "It's Will's case," he told her. "Charlie asked if I could write up the report, and make it as inconspicuous as possible."

     "He knows about the supernatural," she mumbled, nodding her head. "I thought you had finished it already."

     "No, we needed to go over some details, make a plan so our reports sounded as mundane and non-supernatural as we could. I'm almost done though, the board is just so I can keep track of who Will really is, he's a fairly difficult guy to get any information on, and the name is pretty common in most places."

     Callas hummed, picking up one of the pictures on his bed, the same crime scene photo she had seen before, from the file Will had left in her bathroom. "I have to show you something."

     "Yeah?" He asked. She looked away from the photo and over to him, he was leaning over the back of his desk chair, clicking random things on his computer, the corkboard above his desk no longer had work-related items or slithers of articles he had cut out. Instead, it was covered with pictures of his old friends, and some new ones. Two pictures had people she had never seen before, but they were wearing uniforms so she knew they were his work friends. She let the picture in her hand drop to his bed. When she didn't say anything else, he looked back at her with her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

     "It's on my computer."

     "Okay?" He stood up straighter, turning to face her, leaning back against his desk chair with his arms folded across his chest.

     "When Will had left the file in my bathroom, he had also left some stuff on my computer," she started and quickly held her hand up to stop Reed from interrupting, "I didn't tell you before because everything was happening so fast and the stress was getting to me, I didn't think—at the time—that you'd be able to do anything about it. But, now, you're involved, and you've already seen his messages to me when you had my phone, so... it's time you see these ones."

     Reed frowned, but nodded anyway, following her out of his room and into hers, pulling her desk chair out for him to sit on while she stood beside him and clicked onto the document. She stepped back and sat on the corner of her bed while Reed looked at the screen. "What the hell is this?" He glanced back at her quickly before he turned to look back at the screen.

     Think, Callas. Think very hard. You know what I am. What I really am. You know what I can do. I didn't make you forget everything, although I could have, but this is more fun. You know more than you think you do, trust me. Somewhere, deep down, in that pretty little head of yours, you will remember me. We've had some fun, Callas. But playtime is over. I don't have time to be waiting around anymore. Well, I do, but you don't. I must say, I think it's cute, you are playing with a pack of dogs, but their stench won't keep me away from you, nothing will. So, when you finally remember me—the real me—I will know, and when I do, I will be coming for you. Oh, and one last thing before I forget, I do hope your dear friend Henry gets better. I hope nothing else happens to him. It would be a shame. Until next time.