Chapter 9

Michael's POV
Lynn looked completely embarrassed and horrified at her employee, she quickly walked over to her grabbed her arm and took her to the back. Once they were out of sight and ear shot I hunched over in pain and griped my thigh. The real reason why I actually came home was not cause I could but during a combat mission I was shot in my thigh, the bullet ripped some muscle tissue and I had to get surgery to remove the bullet. Anthony actually has a sister that he could visit but he is like my supervisor here to keep an eye on me and he had extra months that he never took so he was the only one eligible to go.
"You seriously haven't told her yet? what are you waiting for?" Anthony began to criticize me.
"No I haven't told her yet, I don't want her to worry about me, I'll be fine, I will recover and heal in 12 months then just go back." I shrugged it was no big deal.
"Ya, what about when you have to go to physical therapy tomorrow and the other times after that what am I suppose to tell her then?" He asked, well I guess I never thought of that.
"Just make something up." I waved him off as I saw the two girls walking back in.
Marilynn's POV
I was so embarrassed by McKenna's behavior, I can't believe she just stood there like a ninny starring at them. I took her to the back away from their eyes.
"Are you crazy! You can't just stand there and stare!" I whispered yelled.
"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting to see two hot guys standing in the store, especially one to be your brother. It just caught me off guard." She shrugged like it was no big deal, in all honestly it wasn't I am sure they feel very flattered and her googling at them just raised their ego. All I did was sigh and walk towards the door.
"They aren't that hot." I said over my shoulder.
"Well of course your brother isn't hot to you but to the rest of the female population he is, and what about that other one he's with? He's pretty dang cute too." She smiled cheekily at me, my cheeks redden a little and my ears were burning.
"Let's just go." I mumbled under my breath, we both walked out to see Michael sitting and Anthony and him talking under their breath, I could see Michael said something to end the conversation and looked over at us with a big grin, I looked suspiciously at him wanting to know what's so secret but shrugged it off. McKenna being her confident self walked right up to the men and held out her hand.
"Hello lads." Her accent leaked out a little intruding the men farther.
"Sorry about what happen, I was just a little stunned. My name is McKenna." She did her million dollar smile which usually won the hearts of any man, my brother grasped her hand and pulled her closer to him.
"Well hello McKenna, I'm Michael and is that an Irish accent I hear?" He winked at her, she giggled and nodded her head. They then went into a conversation I had no intent on listening or being apart of, I walked over to the guinea pigs to see how they are liking their new home. They were all asleep, some were snuggled together they look adorable. As I was petting one I felt a hand rest on the middle of my back and slide down to my lower back resting on the top of my butt.
"They are just so cute, I might buy one." Anthony said, I just nodded my head not able to speak his hand was burning my skin through the fabric, it was hard to breathe my breaths began to come out in puffs. His fingers then started to move and trace small shapes causing tingles to shoot up my spine, it felt so intimate to have his hand resting there. I felt his hand slide up to my shoulder, following the curve of my spine.
"Are you ok Lynn?" He asked, he was so close I could smell his scent, it smelt like spice I could feel his breath fan across my neck making me shiver in both terror and pleasure.
"Fine." I choked out, he patted my shoulder, out of the corner of my eye I could see him smiling but it slowly turned into a cocky smirk like he has me in some trap of his. Oh boy was he wrong.