Chapter 18

When I regained consciousness, the first thing I saw was Micheal's grinning face. Slapping him away, I straightened up in the comfy blue seat. Little pieces of memories darted in...Cage's soft kisses on my neck, the little drop of blood on my arm, and the wave of anger that followed...they all seemed to be watery images that took a moment for me to put together and finally settle in to my drowsy brain.

My heart beating fast, I stared at my surroundings, trying to understand where I was. It only took a second. I've never been here before, but it was pretty easy to tell where I was. The little windows with a white cover, the plush leather seats, the bright lights above, and oh yeah, the bag compartments overhead...

We were in a private airplane.

"Micheal!" I shrieked, standing up. My legs had been asleep and when I stood up, a cramp started to immediately overtake the soles of my feet. "Are you serious? Are you solemn? Are you earnest? I'm asking you three times because I can't believe this is serious. I can't believe this is happening. How dare you! How dare Cage! This is not- oh my God, I'm going to throw up. I'm gonna throw up. I feel sick. I can't believe this- a plane, Micheal! A plane!"

As far as temper tantrums go, I was doing a pretty nice job.

Some part of me was refusing to believe that this was actually happening. It was just so ridiculous that I refused to let myself believe this was anything other than a dream.

Micheal took a sip of apple juice and stared at me. "Yes, a plane. We are on Cage's private plane. That's flying. In the sky. At this moment. You've been out for five hours, let me explain what's happened-"

I paced up and down the small aisle. "I'm going to kill Cage. And then you!" Grabbing one of the couch pillows, I threw it at Micheal's face. Nick suddenly appeared through the door, holding a doughnut. I must have had a scary look on my face because he took one look at me, and then to Micheal laughing, and quickly left the way he came. "How could you let this happen, Micheal? We're friends."

"We are, sweetie-"

"Don't call me sweetie, we're not friends." I growled. The cramps in my feet were only being suppressed when I walked so I continued to. Heath and Cage were nowhere to be seen, which was good because I would have attacked him if he was. I was angry enough to do some reckless things.

The plane suddenly shifted, making me feel even more nauseous. I'd never been on a plane until now and there was a pretty good reason why I tried to avoid them. When Fern went on vacation to London last summer, I refused to go so she ended up taking one of her friends.

I stopped walking and glared at Micheal. "Where is he?"

Micheal drank some more apple juice and played around with a bullet. "Where is who?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe Herbert Hoover? Who do you think, Micheal? Where is Cage?" I shouted, waving my arms wildly. I wanted to throw something else at his smirking face but I couldn't find anything around me that wouldn't hurt him severely. I didn't want to hurt Micheal, I wanted to hurt Cage.

''He's not here, November. And listen before you start yelling again." Micheal stood up. I never realized how tall he was until now. Towering over my short frame, Micheal's gentle brown eyes calmed me down for a moment. "Cage and Heath had something to take care of. And by that, yes I do mean that they are going to kill someone. Jonah, I believe, is their target." He rolled his eyes.

"Where are we going?" I gritted my teeth and forced the question out. My fear of flying was great, but my fear of being even further from home was greater.