56"

"James!" Alya laughed taking his hands within hers, "you're getting it everywhere"

Alya and James had decided to make an attempt at a Christmas cake as James had wanted to bring something back home to his family.
Flour covered the kitchen counters and the floor, while their clothes were also dusted lightly as all the ingredients laid scattered around them.

"Relax" James replied easily, "I've got it. We'll clean it up later"

"You mean you'll sit and watch while I clean it up" Alya corrected

James only shrugged with a smirk, "art work is meant to be admired"

"Oh piss off" Alya laughed as James wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her into his side affectionately. Reaching for the sugar Alya picked up a spoon and went to scoop some out of the pot to put into the mixture. James, however, wasn't having it. He snatched the spoon out of her hand and  inhaled deeply before exhaling, blowing the sugar all in Alya's face.

"What the fuck James" she spluttered as she wiped her eyes.

James only leaned against the kitchen counter smirking, looking her up and down while he twirled the spoon in his hand as he did his wand at school.

Alya, suddenly infuriated by his obnoxious smirk, retaliated, lunging for the pot of sugar.

James' smirk was suddenly wiped off his face as a scowl formed across his face, a pile of sugar atop of his head.

This time it was Alya's time to lean back and smirk. Watching James' eyes twinkle with mischief.

"Oh you're so fucked Hill" he said dangerously picking up the bag of flour.

Alya, not standing around for much longer, took off into a run, pushing past the kitchen chairs and rushing towards the door.

Though she didn't make it towards the door in time.

James had clasped his hand around her wrist, pulling her back into the kitchen.

Alya rounded on him, reaching for the bowl of cake      batter, picking up the wooden spoon that laid forgotten next to it.

James' eyes widened as he realised what Alya was about to do. He whipped the spoon out of her hand, dropping the bag of flour on the floor before scooping up a spoonful of mixture out of the bowl and flinging it at Alya, it splattering across her face.

Alya reeled backwards as the cake batter hit her face.

Bending down in retaliation, she picked up the spilt bag of flour, grabbed a handful and tossed it across James' face.

They both stood looking at each other, cake batter splattered across Alya's face and flour across James'.

Their chests heaved as they breathed heavily while slow smiles broke out across their faces. Alya couldn't help herself any longer, James looked utterly ridiculous. She let her chuckle slip past her lips.

Suddenly, the two of them were laughing together uncontrollably. Clutching their stomachs.

"Mums going to kill us" Alya stuttered out in between breaths

James only shook his head laughing, reaching out to grab her hips and pull her forwards.

"You've got a little something" he said pointing to all the batter on Alya's face

"Well are you going to get it then?" Alya asked looking up at him

James only shook his head, leaning down and connecting their lips, licking the cake mixture off Alya's lips.

"Delicious" he concluded as he pulled away, pretending to survey the taste of the cake mixture

Alya only shook her head in amusement, but her smile didn't linger long.

"My kitchen!" Suzanne gasped as she walked into the room that was covered in layers of flour, sugar and cake mixture.

"Um, sorry?" Alya shrugged sheepishly looking to James who tried to avoid both females gazes.

"Dear me" she sighed, "what a mess, go on" she said, "get a shower, you're a mess. Both of you, go on"

A smirk pulled across James face

"One at a time" Suzanna warned noticing his smirk, "I know you James" she said pointing an accusing finger

James only chuckled raising his hands in surrender, "yes Miss Hill"

"Now off you both go while I clean this up"

"There's no need, I've got it" James said politely, pulling his wand from his pocket, flicking it once making all the ingredients tidy themselves back into the cupboard.

Suzanna gasped, "gosh ill never get over you two and magic, you're so special!" she beamed at James and Alya as he put his wand away.

Alya took James hand and guided him out of the kitchen before he could reply, "I can't bring myself to tell her there's hundreds and hundreds of witches and wizards" she whispered as they walked through the hall, "she loves you know, mum. I can tell"

James only smiled in triumph, squeezing her hand, "I'm glad"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Sorry I've not updated in ages. School is kicking my arse 😐 like help I'm failing :()

Thank you for your patience <3