Splinter x reader

Requested by @Bestfg14

Title: Crush, Crush

"You what?" April stared at me with wide eyes, telling me I was crazy with just a look. I ducked my head sheepishly and glanced around for anyone listening.

"I-I said I have a-" April cut me off by standing up and walking away, throwing her arms in the air as she paced in front of the couch.

"I know what you said but- why? Why him?" She shrieked as she turned to look at me, dropping her hands to her sides. Then she sighed and turned around, raising a hand up to rest it on her forehead.

"I don't know, April! I really don't know. I thought you would understand! I thought you would get it! There is no reason for why I-" I stood up and began arguing with April, frustrated with her and her ability to make me feel bad about anything and everything.

"But there is! What is it? Is it daddy issues? Is it the need for a father-figure in your life? Is it because your dad left you and your trying to compensate for that?" She faltered as she saw the look on my face. I sighed and pressed my lips together, turning around and grabbing my jacket to leave. "Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving; what does it look like?" I muttered as I turned and faltered, seeing the turtles laughing as they made their way out of the dojo, Splinter on their heels.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Mikey was the first to greet me, bounding over to throw his arms around me as the others casually shouted "hi" and "sup" and "hello".

"Greetings, (y/n)." I flinched as I heard a voice from over my shoulder. I turned to see Splinter, slightly leaned over to be a little more eye-to-eye with me.

"Hello, Splinter." I said as I turned and continued putting my jacket on, purposely ignoring April as she pointedly stared at me. "And goodbye." I quickly bowed to him as I shouted a goodbye for everyone else, shaking my head at April as I passed by her.

"Miss (y/n), may I ask why you are leaving so quickly?" I froze as I heard Splinter's voice. His soft and soothing voice that made me want to tell him everything about me and more.

"I just-I'm really tired." I quickly corrected myself and gave a last nod before taking my leave, sending a last look to April's betraying face.

"No, guys. I'm serious. This isn't a prank." April rubbed her forehead, suddenly very aware of how (y/n) felt when she'd had to tell her. The boys weren't taking her seriously at all, claiming she was joking and gagging at (y/n)'s secret crush.

"I'm sure it is. (Y/n) has never been to have a crush. Especially not one on-" Donnie tried to find a way to explain April's claims, but even he knew it was true.

"Man, (y/n)'s weird isn't she?" Mikey hummed, sitting back on the couch with a smile and his arms crossed. Leo stared at him.

"Yeah, weird enough to have a crush on-"

"Who?" Came a voice from behind them, interrupting Raph's retort. Everyone froze and stared behind April, who slowly turned around to face the turtle's father.

"Uh-"

"What do you mean they know? Who knows?" (Y/n) demanded over the phone as she sighed, leaning against her window to watch the rain fall outside her window.

"I mean I told them; the turtles. Don't worry, thought, because he doesn't know. Well-" April's attempted soothing voice did nothing to help quench (y/n)'s fear. She knew that given the opportunity, one of the turtles would accidentally tell their father, who, by the way had very good hearing. Luckily, the boys had conveniently interrupted each other before they could say who it was.