6

four weeks passed in no time, all you did was just simply taking care of yourself. you occasionally met with diluc in the tavern when you would buy something non alcoholic to drink, because alcohol is bad.

you saw kaeya sometimes as you were just wandering around mondstadt, often around good hunter.

in contradiction of those two, you never saw lisa and jean again. you did hear from the girl from good hunter that lisa was a busy librarian. you wanted to pay her a visit honestly and look around in the library but never really did.

you already figured you wouldnt see jean often, she was the acting grand master after all. she had alot to do and honestly, you were slightly looking up to her.

sighing, you packed your bags again, you would leave in about ten minutes on your trip to liyue accompanied by aether and diluc.

that made you wonder, 'who the hell is aether?' you thought to yourself. not caring much, you would just find diluc and he would most likely lead you to the other male.

you were wearing your usual traveler outfit, a white turtleneck, black pants and a belt to finish it all. your small electro amulet was still hidden on the back of your belt, no one could see it when you would wear your coat.

standing straight up again after finishing packing your backpack, you walked over to the couch where your coat was laying. you grabbed the fabric and put it on without trouble.

then you swung your backpack over your shoulder as well. walking towards the door of your temporary place while adjusting the straps of your bag.

you tilted the handle down and opened the door, ready to leave. you double checked once more as you were standing on the door step to see if you forgot anything.

nothing came in mind and that was when you took a step outside, shutting the door behind you in the process.

it was as if you have been living in mondstadt your entire life, you knew exactly the way to the tavern and went over there.

you and diluc had agreed to meet up there before the departure, you could find aether together then.

you didnt even had to enter the tavern, diuc was already standing there. he was talking to someone but you didnt know who. you approached them nevertheless.

walking towards the talking duo, the unknown male shifted their eyes to you who came closer to them, he then looked back at diluc and bid him a quick farewell.

diluc then tilted his head in your way and you stood in front of him, speaking up, "where is aether?" you immediately asked him. you wanted to get over with this mission as soon as possible.

after you had safely let mondstadt know that you were known in liyue, you could return to snezhnaya and forget about everything that happened.

the red haired male in front of you spoke up, "i saw him at the adventures guild." he said in a monotonous voice. right after the words left dilucs mouth, he walked already past you on his way to the adventures guild.

he didnt even bother waiting for you, you sighed and walked right after him to find aether. diluc took a turn to the right and so did you, both of you passed floras flower shop and eventually approached the guild.

diluc ascended the stairs and you followed, you looked around you but saw no one that resembled aethers description. you turned around to see if there was any male with long blonde hair and exotic clothing but there was no one.

you shifted your eyes over at diluc and he was simply leaning against the wall next to kathyrine. you walked over to him and spoke up, "he is not here-" you wanted to say but you were cut off.

"just wait." diluc interrupted you as he folded his arms in front of his chest. he really didnt want to supervise you to liyue and it showed.

not knowing what to say, you sweatdropped and decided to keep quiet. it didnt take long before aether came, you looked to your side and saw him coming down from the stairs.

aether noticed you two standing on the sidewalk and approached you two, you turned your body to him and greeted him properly, "hello, im y/n." you simply said.

aether wanted to speak up but someone else beat him to it, "hey there!" she said and you looked at the floating creature next to aether.

you didnt notice her at first, she continued, "this is aether and im paimon!" she said and gave you a wide smile.

diluc noticed your confused gaze and answered for you, "paimon always accompanies him, like a guide." he said in his usual voice.

processing the information, you let out a simple, "its nice to meet you two." and tightened the straps of your backpack slightly.

paimon was excited, "alright what are we waiting for?" she said as she bounced in the air. "lets get to liyue!" she let out happily.

diluc stood straight and started walking to the gate, you followed behind him again but this time accompanied by aether and paimon.

"hey hey y/n." paimon spoke up as ypu four were walking to the gates. "youre from liyue right?" she asked you with interest as she looked at you with her curious eyes.

aether sighed, "thats why she is coming along." he stated the obvious while giving paimon a sheepish smile.

paimon rubbed the back of her neck, slightly embarrassed, "oh right." she said as she let out a soft laugh after. "how is the food there?" she said.

paimons attitude changed greatly as soon as food was mentioned, "paimon is sure we'll fill our stomachs there!" she stated.

the four of you passed the gate of mondstadt and walked on the bridge that was filled with pigeons.