thirty nine; she wolf

"You know I'll have to go back at some point

"You know I'll have to go back at some point." Delilah George was staring up at Rosalie Hale's ceiling, her eyes focusing in on the tiniest cracks that were starting to form in the foundation.

"No you don't," Rosalie Hale meanwhile, was stood looking out of the window, however once Delilah spoke, she turned herself around to look at the brunette. "Why do you?"

The vampire could sense the accusing tone behind the blondes words, but she chose to ignore it. "Because they're my family."

"No they aren't." Her tone was getting a bit more aggressive now. "We are."

Even though Delilah was now on good ish terms with the Cullen family, it didn't mean that there were no hard feelings. Of course there were. Delilah would claim, time and time again that she was fine with all of the family members- minus Edward- but Delilah wasn't against a bit of lying.

A snort came from Delilah's nose, "Sure, you guys are."

"What does that mean?"

"What mean?" The brunette sat up, placing all of her weight on her elbows.

"That snort."

"I didn't snort."

The blonde rolled her eyes, "Then what was that nose?"

"I don't know," Delilah rolled her eyes back, "But it wasn't a snort." It was a snort.

"Whatever, I don't care." Rosalie moved to stand above near the bed, "How can you say we aren't your family? And how can you ever wanna go back there?"

To Delilah it was obvious. The Volturi may be bad people, but they were amazing to her. Sure, they'd made her do some bad things, but no matter how bad she did, they loved and accepted her. Even when Delilah told them how she quite fancied girls, they still accepted her, which was rather unexpected seen as it was unusual to their times.

So of course they were her family, and of course she wanted to go back. While Rosalie was her home, Rome was where she belonged. She could be her true self and they would never judge her.

Meanwhile Delilah's frowned upon for drinking human blood, or even just telling Bella she's having a devil child in the Cullen house- and that's something almost everyone agrees with.

"I dunno. I just like it there." But for some reason, Delilah didn't really want to tell Rosalie that. It was just that she wouldn't understand, to Rosalie the Cullen family was all she needed. They were everything to her. So, even though they'd wronged Delilah countless times, she couldn't bring herself to tell Rosalie that her family wasn't all she thought it to be.

"It's because we don't drink human blood, isn't it?"

"What?" Delilah almost laughed, "No it's not." It was one of the reasons, but still, Delilah was embarrassed to admit that.