Pubs and sunflowers

Harry

"Thank you Milan, you were amazing! Treat people with kindness! Thank you!" I finished and gave a bow before waving to the sea of screaming fans and and waited for the lights to go out before rushing off stage with the guys, letting the lights in the arena fully turn back on so the crowd can trickle out.

We all rushed off to our dressing rooms to change and shower from the show. I locked the door behind me as I undressed from my suit and hung the items of clothing back on their hangers. I took my white tank top off and threw it in my open suitcase in the corner, grabbing a towel off the chair on my way to the bathroom.

I stepped into the shower and dipped my head under the hot water and ran my hands through my hair. I tried to be quick so I didn't hold anybody up. I was excited to go out with people and just do something normal, to take a step away from the spotlight for a while with my friends, and to be able to spend some time with Victoria outside of the walls of a bus or a venue.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist, walking into my dressing room to my bag that was sitting on the couch. I started rummaging through it and grabbed the first shirt I found and threw it on and grabbed a pair of sweat pants from the bottom of the bag. I quickly ran the towel over my hair to dry it a little before slipping on my shoes and making sure to put my wallet in my pocket. I grabbed whatever loose items were left in the room and packed them away, zipping up my bags and taking the duffle bag and throwing the strap over my shoulder, and grabbing the smaller one beside me and started my way to the bus.

As the bus came into view I saw as Vic walked on with her bags in her hands and I found my feet starting to pick up speed trying to catch up to her. I walked up the steps and walked into the kitchen as I entered, she turned around from her bunk and closed the curtain to her bed and started walking towards me. I walked towards her and met her between the bunks, I placed my bags down beside me as she stepped closer to me, the smell of her perfume and shampoo floating between us, making me feel comfortable.

I brought my hand up to her and placed it on the side of her neck, brushing my thumb over her cheek. My heart was echoing in my ears as we looked at one another, feeling this presence.  

"You were great tonight. I mean, you're great every night, but..." she stumbled over her words as her cheeks tinted pink. I smiled at her and nodded, she was so cute.

"Thank you, angel." I said lowly and smirked, I leaned forward and pressed a slow firm kiss to her lips. She put a hand on my torso as she kissed me back before I pulled away. I bent over and grabbed my bags from the floor and smiled lightly and kissed her forehead, I slipped around her and pulled the curtain to my bunk open as she walked off the bus. I threw my bags in the bed and closed the curtain behind me before turning to walk off and meet the rest of everyone in the green room.

-

We took our seats at a booth with a small bouquet of about 4 sunflowers sitting at the end, and started looking at the drink menu, each of us deciding on what we were going to start with. The table was silent as we looked over the menu and placed our drink and food orders, with our very kind waitress. Vic reached her foot across and placed it directly again to mine, and even though it was the smallest gesture, I could've sworn it could knock the wind out of me.

"So Mackenzie, what's your deal?" Mitch said and it snapped me back to the table from my thoughts.

"My deal?" She repeated back to him and he nodded.

"Yeah, like where you came from, what brings you here, how you even got here to begin with. Let's hear it." He pushed and she nodded and thought for a moment. I remember when I was getting recommendations for make up artists and it was completely out of my comfort zone. I didn't know what questions to ask or where to even look, but whenever Mackenzie name came up it was always followed with 'talented', 'kind', and 'loyal'.