break up prank (requested)

Yeji was beyond excited to arrive home to you today. It'd been a great day for her and the girls and, to make it even better, she's home a little earlier than expected. There was still plenty of time left in the day and she was more than excited to spend it with you.

But after she took off her shoes and took a good look around, there was a sudden dreadful feeling filling her heart as she noticed that you had a few bags packed and ready to go by the door.

"Y/N?" She called out as loud as she could, which wasn't very loud since she was getting a bit nervous.

She got ready to climb the stairs, one foot on the bottom step when you came down with another bag over your shoulder and a suitcase wheeling behind you.

You locked eyes as you made your way down the stairs and pushed past her to set them down on the floor.

"Are you okay? That's a lot of bags just for a vacation."

That's all she thought it was. That's what she hoped for. Maybe your friends suggested you take a vacation together. She wouldn't dare hold you back from going or try to stop you. You both need a vacation but she can't take one right now, but that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't.

But then you turned to face her and you spoke a few simple words that were enough to send her into a panic.

"I'm not going on vacation. I'm leaving."

She swallowed thickly as a lump formed in her throat.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know. A friend's house. Home-"

"Home? But how could you go home when you're already home? This is our home, y/n."

"Not anymore, Yeji." You spoke then exhaled shakily. "I think we should break up."

She gasped and felt her knees go weak, almost like they were about to buckle beneath her in shock.

"What? Why? I don't understand. I thought everything was fine! We've been so... happy together. You wanna throw that all away?"

"I just need some time away, Yeji."

"Time away? From me?" She whispered sadly and tried to blink away the tears swimming in her eyes. But it was impossible and one slipped down her cheek as she realized her worst nightmare was becoming a reality - she was losing you.

"At least tell me why. Please? Whatever it is, we can work it out. Is it because I've been gone so much lately? I know the comeback is just around the corner but I swear my business won't last forever. Please don't go." She pleaded and you didn't want to turn around, knowing she'd be gazing at you with tears in her eyes.

And you were right. She was crying and trembling as her world crashed down around her.

"Yeji-"

She cut you off by running into your arms and holding you tight.

"Don't go. Please. I love you. I need you."

"Yeji-"

"I can't make it without you. You're my other half, my person. I can't lose you."

You hugged her back and she melted into your embrace.

"I'm never gonna leave you."

She pulled away, looking confused yet relieved.

"But-"

"It was a prank," you interrupted and she scoffed before pulling away.

"Are you kidding?"

You shook your head and opened the bags on the floor to show her that they were all empty.

"Y/N! That's not funny!"

You nodded in agreement.

"You really scared me!"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

"Yeah, I agree." She huffed before opening her arms for you. "You're lucky I love you so much."

"That I am." You grinned and she tickled your sides playfully and held you close. "I really am sorry."

"All is forgiven. But don't do it again. I love you too much to lose you."

You pressed your lips onto hers to bring her in for a loving kiss as you continued to hold her tight.

"Never again. I promise."