065.5 | oedipus complex

she's the type of flower
that can still grow after a forest fire

THE BOYS GREW DAY BY DAY, weeks passing past, folding into months

THE BOYS GREW DAY BY DAY, weeks passing past, folding into months. Mizuki sat at the table, working on a contract for her business. She was reviewing the terms, correcting any mistakes that popped us. Haruto and Hiroto were playing on the carpet in the living room, right beside Mizuki so she could keep an eye on them. They were messing around with the toys Kiyoko and Tanaka, both of whom worked together, had brought, slotting the pieces into their correct place on the colourful box. Every time one of them got it correct, the other would clap, and both would turn to Mizuki with grins that she knew they inherited from Bokuto. Their hair began to grow, the same colour as Bokuto's, the soulmates noticed.

Bokuto was very proud to see that the boys took after him. They had Mizuki's sharp features: her high cheekbones, straight jaw, plush lips and firm nose. Another thing they inherited from Bokuto was his eyes, golden orbs piercing into Mizuki for affirmation.

"Well done," she responded, a kind smile on her lips.

They lit up, clapping their hands and babbling nonsense nonsense that Mizuki seemed to understand. How? Her soulmates didn't know. Perhaps it was because she gave birth to them. Perhaps it was a mother's instincts. They didn't know, nor did they question it. They were thankful she knew what the babies wanted. It made taking care of them much easier.

Kuroo came out of their bedroom, huffing.

"Everything okay?" Mizuki asked, turning her head to glance at her soulmate, appreciative eyes trailing up and down his body, taking in the way the tailored suit moulded around his body finely. 

"Not really," he admitted. "I have an important meeting with a few partners from a firm we're trying to establish a connection with. We need them to sign off on this contract. It's imperative they do."

"And the problem?"

Kuroo sighed, running a hand through his hair. "They probably won't. I think another company's given them an offer."

"Take the boys with you," Mizuki instructed, returning her gaze to her laptop.

"Why?"

"Just trust me and take them."

He rose a brow. "Is this some ploy to take them off your hands for the day?"

"Partly." She flashed him a cheeky smile, typing away. "But just trust me. Take them with you to your meeting, and I guarantee you'll get that contract signed."

Kuroo furrowed his brows but nodded. He trusted her.

Mizuki helped arrange the boys' bag, placing in the necessities Haruto and Hiroto required. Kuroo put on the baby holder they bought, strapping it on his shoulders and around his waist, one twin at the front and one twin behind him. His office was only a few blocks away, so he didn't need the car.