Chapter 69

Seeing that Grandpa Ji wanted to know, Tang Tang also put her bowl and chopsticks down before she started telling him what happened in detail.

Instantly, Grandpa Ji’s face darkened and he shouted angrily, “Ridiculous! How can they use such force on a child! Even if it wasn’t on purpose, they shouldn’t have such an attitude. It has been so many days but no one has shown up to care for the child? Their child has been taken care of by someone else for so long and they don’t even come to look for her? Never mind not looking for the child, they even tried to conceal the matter from the child’s biological father. That’s simply evil!”

This was not something that can be resolved by simply saying it was not done on purpose. If Ji Xiao Zhuo was taken by someone unfamiliar, Ji Yan and Tang Tang would be worried in less than an hour, not to mention a few days. Anyone could tell the other party simply didn’t care about their child.

Even though Grandpa Ji only interacted with Nuo Nuo for two days, he really liked the little girl. She was loveable. Her temperament was good and she was cute. She really attracted people’s affection. If she was his great-granddaughter, he would definitely treat her preciously. No one would ever slap her. That was why he was angry when he heard the little girl suffered so much.

Truthfully, it wasn’t like they never came to find her but Tang Tang was hesitant to tell the group. She didn’t know if she should tell them that Mother Liu and her daughter came to find them at the hospital not long ago. Previously, she hid the matter from Ji Yan because she was afraid he would exert himself which would hinder his recovery. But Tang Tang was afraid if she didn’t mention it and the Liu family did something from the shadows, Ji Yan would fall into their trap because he wasn’t on guard.

After hesitating for a while, Tang Tang decided to tell them about Mother Liu using Ji Yan’s career as a threat. No matter if the threat came true or not, it would be better to let Ji Yan know so he would be on guard.

When she finished speaking, Tang Tang didn’t expect Ji Yan not to react much. Instead, it was Grandpa Ji who had a bigger reaction.

Grandpa Ji was so angry that he hit the table ruthlessly which almost caused the food on the table to overturn. Everyone was shocked.

“They dare!” If Grandpa Ji had a beard, his hair would be sticking up from anger. “They think they decide the army rules? Who do the Liu family think they are!? I see they have lots of courage!” He had been a soldier all his life and had devoted himself to the country. He had never interfered with promotions but the Liu family dared to do so?

It was clear that the elder did not know that the general practices in the military were different from what he had been through.

Tang Tang saw Grandpa Ji was quite angry. Afraid he would get too angry and result in something unfortunate, she quickly patted his back to soothe him, “Don’t be angry, Grandpa. We’re not afraid of them. My husband relies on his own ability to gain his achievements. He certainly won’t be affected by a couple of words from them.”

Grandpa Ji’s anger resided. He didn’t say anything and directly took his phone out to call someone. They didn’t know who he called. They only heard Grandpa Ji say something to the other party before ending the call. Then he spoke in an odd tone, “Information gets leaked pretty fast. Let’s see if the people who want to tamper actually have the ability to do so.”

Tang Tang and Ji Yan didn’t speak. Tang Tang didn’t understand Grandpa Ji’s words but Ji Yan did.

Grandpa Ji humphed. Then he lifted up his bowl and chopsticks to carry on eating. But before he started to eat again, he said, “I won’t do anything. I will just wait and watch. I want to see who dares to do something.”