Chapter twenty three

I ended up sleeping most of the way, I woke up fifteen minutes before we got there.

"Hey sleeping beauty did you have a good nap?" Rave asks glancing at me.
Stretching I look around, "how long did I sleep?" I ask rubbing my face to wake up more.

"Oh just four hours or so," Rave answers shrugging.

"Why didn't you wake me up? We could have taken turns driving," I ask him.

"Babe clearly you needed the sleep, and I'm not tired so relax it's fine," he smiles.

I know he's right so I let it go and go back to checking out the scenery. "How much longer till we get there?" I ask.

He points at the pack house that I grew up in. I never thought I would come back here. It's been only a few years but everything looks different. I mean the building itself looks the same some what. Its a six story mansion made from stone and wood. It looks like it's rustic but it's not, it's quite fancy inside or at least it was.

But we keep driving right past it, Dev told us he had made his own house just up the way so that's where we are heading.

The Alpha's house is a little ways up the road from the pack house and it is beautifully done. Unlike the pack house it is made of stucco with stone accents. It's a two story mansion from the looks of it as it is quite large.
The lawn is also manicured, with a large oak tree in the front with a swing on one of its branches. And there appears to be two play houses, one more girly and one looking more like a fort.

Up by the porch there are hanging pots with wisteria hanging from them. It's all very homey I love it, makes me miss our house.

We pull up beside Dev and Rave turns off the truck. When I get out I stretch, man I'm so stiff from not moving.

"MAMA!! PAPA!!!"

I turn to see some of their kids come running to them, it's a warming sight that puts a smile on my face.

"That's cute," Rave whispers to me as he puts an arm around my shoulders.

"Kids this is Alpha and Luna Frost say hello," Dev says now that they have gotten their hugs.

Five of their seven children turn to us and wave smiling saying hello. We return their greetings with smiles and waves of our own. "Sorry our two youngest are sick it seems," Dev says with a worried look on his face.

As a group we head inside and Selena waddles off in search of her sick pups.
Dev turns to us, "I'll take you to one of our guest rooms so you can settle in and then I'm going to check my pups, later we can go see the elder if you dont mind."

"Not at all we understand so lead the way, that way you can ditch us and see to your pups," I say with a smile.

He laughs, "follow me."

The guestrooms are down stairs while the family's rooms are on the second floor, we pass his home office on the way and we have one of the bigger rooms at the end of the hall.

The room has good natural light throughout the space the walls are a light warm color and the floor has a plush carpet. The ensuite is huge with a jet tub and shower big enough for multiple people. Double sinks and the toilet has it's own room. There is also a closet with towels, toilet paper, soaps, shampoo, and conditioner. The room itself is light in color, with light colored stone tiles and white marble countertops. The walls are a light grey color the fixture are stainless steel and it also has good natural light. The window is frosted glass so there's plenty of privacy.

After checking out the bathroom I go lay on the bed making Raven laugh at me.

"Don't tell me you're still tired?" He says smirking at me.

I roll my eyes at him, "no I'm just checking the softness," I say sticking my tongue out at him.

"Yeah sure you are," he says before he lays down next to me. "How are you doing baby? I know you never wanted to come back here," he says taking my hand.

"Its weird it looks nothing like it did, the landscape I mean, it's so different that I had thought I've never been here before. Then I saw the pack house and it looks the same, at least the outside does it's... it's just throwing me off I guess. At least I dont have to run into he who must not be named ever again," I say.

Raven curls me into his side and just holds me. We stay like that for a while till someone knocks on the door.

Raven goes to the door and Dev is there asking if we're hungry and my stomach growls making me blush and answering his question.

Smiling Dev says, "come on let's get some food."

We follow Dev to the dining room where his family waits for us.
One of his pups come up to him raising her arms and he picks her up and she puts her little face in his neck, she is so cute!

We take our seats and I ask how the twins are doing, Selena smiles and says that they are doing better, they just had too much sweets and got sick from that but they felt better after getting it out of their system.

We then began eating hashbrowns, steak, eggs, pancakes, and bacon.
We listen to the kids talk about how their grandmother helped them make blanket forts in the livingroom and she told them stories.

"It was so fun! Gammy even told us how you got stuck in a tree then you climbed into it when she told you not to," their oldest son said laughing.

"That's why you're supposed to listen to your elders," Dev says making us laugh.

"So how did you get out of the tree?" Raven asks.

"Gammy said Papa's papa had to climb the tree to get him cause Gammy was pregnant with Auntie and he got scolded," he says looking at his Papa.

"Your papa is lucky he didn't fall," Selena looks at Dev and he winks at her making her roll her eyes.

We continue eating our breakfast and have a good time just chatting, once we finish Dev takes us to see the elder. She lives in a little cottage past the pack house and by the woods. We walk up to the door with Dev and he knocks on the door.

Finally we are going to get some answers about this prophecy and I hope its good.