new & different

"ashley" he mumbled. "what" i asked with a laugh "you're beautiful" he said. i was shocked that he said that. "thank you nate" i said. i grabbed my wrist out of his hold and hopped out of his truck.

we walked into target,and he grabbed my hand. yes. nate jacobs wanted to hold hands with me as we walked around target. ew makes us sound like a sixty-year old couple on a saturday evening. but instead we're a 16 and 17 year old non-couple in this weird flirty situation walking around a target on a monday night. what even is my life?

anyways. we walked around target for a while. i could tell he was growing impatient. i laughed as he let out a sigh like a 12 year old boy shopping with him mom. "okay i'm done" i laughed.

we walked up to the register thing. as the worker scanned all my stuff i grabbed my credit card out of my wallet to pay. "i got it" nate said. i smiled at him. "nate that's so sweet" i said. "only for you" he said.

i mean whether i paid or nate paid,it was still cal's money. i mean he's the one who puts money on me and nate's cards. but it's the thought that counts. he was just trying to be sweet.

once we left target and got back in his truck,the energy was different. it was happy and for once,i wanted to be around him.

when we were driving home i got a text from one of my fuck buddies. his name is jake. he's hot,seems like a nice guy. idk. to be honest i don't even know his last name. i just fuck him from time to time when he texts me.

he texted me asking me to come over. nate looked down at my phone. "if you don't say no to him i'll kill him" he warned. i laughed. "i'm being serious ashley" he said. i nodded my head and texted jake back. making up some bullshit excuse as to why i can't fuck tonight.

"you gotta cut this shit with that hookup stuff" nate said. i shrugged my shoulders. i don't want to fight with him or anything but he doesn't get to tell me that i can't hook up with people. i will fuck who i want when i want. and if you don't agree with that you can fuck off.

"i'm serious ash" he said. "i know" i said softly. he put his hand on my thigh and rubbed his thumb on it.

when we got home he grabbed all the bags and brought them inside for me. he brought them into my room and sat on my bed and i put everything away.

he ended up leaving my room eventually. i took a shower and went to sleep.