2 || Birthday Paradise

Now your drug is wearing off
You burned me like a Molotov
I see what I've been missing all along

MIRABELLE   SWAN

We barely made it into the school building before a certain pixie-haired vampire was squeezing the life out of me. Her bright amber eyes bright gleaming jewels as she cheered. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Alice is a lot more enthusiastic about today than my brooding twin is. Bella waited patiently under Edward's comforting arm for Alice to eventually hand me the two presents Rosalie patiently held.

One was a medium-sized rectangle and the other marginally smaller. "This feels like a lot more than $10, Alice," I said pointedly, handing the gifts to Jasper to put in his locker since it was closer.

Alice crossed her arms, wearing a smug look. "Before you doubt my ability to hold back, which admittedly was extremely difficult since I had the perfect outfit in mind, Rose and I went to a local thrift shop and antique parlor!"

Rose pulled out a receipt for further proof. I only caught of glimpse of the numbers before she snatched it back. "Under $10."

I raised my hands defeatedly. "Well color me surprised. Who knew the glamorous Cullen family could resist splurging. Gotta say, I'm proud of you." Alice and Rose giggled, hugging me once more before heading off to their class. Bella quickly filled in their spots so I could wrap my arms around her thinner frame. "Happy birthday Twinny! We're officially old." 

She instantly pulled away like I was fire. "We're not that old," she grumbled. "It's just another year. Nothing is changing but the number." 

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't know. I think I see grey hair." She slapped away my hand that pretended to be picking at a silver strand, patting down her dark brown waves begrudgingly. "Jeez, calm down Bells. It's just a joke." 

Edward embraced my frowning sister from behind. His kiss to her temple helped smoothen out the wrinkle between her brows. "Bella is just mad that I won't turn her. She's scared about becoming older than me." 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, because the problem here isn't that you're dating an old man wearing a young man's face." 

"Not like you can talk," Bella said with a little less of a dreary tone. 

Jasper returned to mirror Edward's position behind me. I happily leaned back into his sculpted chest, looking back at him fondly. "Well, nothing wrong with having a man that's experienced in certain areas." Jasper ducked his head into the crook of my neck. While he isn't able to blush anymore, small gestures like this expressed his embarrassment. 

Edward's face crinkled up in disgust. "Please get your mind out of the gutter." 

"Jasper likes getting dirty though," I continued to tease, successfully grossing out my sister and her boyfriend. Bella shuffled out of Edward's arms to grab his hand. 

"Okay, we're going to go before this gets any more awkward." 

"It's the 21st century, Bells. Free your sexuality." The bell rang out. Jasper still kept his head low without making any moves to release me. "See you two at lunch." Once they left I gently tapped Jasper's cold cheek. "Houston to Major Tom, you okay? Are you experiencing a system failure?"