Chapter 8: Rehabilitation Training

Upon arrival at the Butterfly Mansion, Goto and a female member of the kakushi took Y/N and Tanjiro to the back where they see Kanao standing by herself with butterflies around her. "Uh, miss Kanao?" asked Goto. "Can we bring them inside?" 

She does nothing but stares at them. "C-can we?" the female member of the kakushi questioned. 

"Hey, are those Y/N and Tanjiro?" Aoi asked them. 

"Yes!" they immediately answered. 

"Bring them in," she told them before walking away. 

They enter the mansion and get to the rooms that Y/N and Tanjiro will be staying at. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SERIOUSLY EXPECT ME TO TAKE THIS FOR FIVE TIMES A WEEK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!" Zenitsu asked while screaming. 

"Classic Zentisu," Tanjiro said with a half-smile. 

Y/N got off Goto and began walking over to a bed. They all were surprised at Y/N doing that by himself but didn't question it. He ignored Zentisu's incoherent screaming and threw a blanket over himself. 

The next few days pass by of the four young Demon Slayers resting. Y/N didn't do much during that time. He simply laid in bed while staring into nothingness. One day, Inosuke and Tanjiro left to do their rehabilitation training. 

Y/N stayed behind with Zenitsu. While the cowardly slayer struggled to take his medicine, Y/N told him "just take it and get it over with."

"Wha- you actually talked," Zenitsu stated. 

"I just haven't felt like talking lately," he retorted. 

"Why?" 

Y/N rolls over and tells him "just haven't felt like it." 

"Come on, Y/N," Zenitsu said. 

"Why do you even care?" Y/N questioned him. "The only person you should be worrying about right now is yourself." 

"Uh... alright," he retorted. 

Y/N stares at the wall. "I will say this though. Your Blood Demon Art was amazing."

"Do you really think so?" 

"I do." 

"May you and that Drum Demon be reborn as humans." 

Those words echo within Y/N's mind. "What am I doing... with myself?" Y/N asked within his mind. 

The next day, Zenitsu and Y/N decide to join Tanjiro and Inosuke with the rehabilitation training. Zenitsu wasn't sure and Y/N couldn't care less. His back was hunched and his movements were slow. 

They did eventually get to the room where the rehabilitation training was taking place. "Hello, since you two are new here, I'll explain," Aoi told Y/N and Zenitsu. "Those three girls will make your weak bodies limber again. Then you will try to splash water on each other. After that, we'll play what is essentially a game of tag. You'll first go against me." 

"Uh, excuse me," Zenitsu said. 

"What is it? Do you have a question?" Aoi asked. 

"Uh, no. I need to speak with Inosuke and Tanjiro," Zenitsu explained. 

"I don't feel like it," Tanjiro said. 

"Yeah, me either. Later," Inosuke told him. 

"I... WASN'T ASKING!!!!!" Zenitsu screamed before dragging them away. "You're coming with me, you miserable bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"