MIDNIGHT TALK

____

____

"Don't get to comfortable?" Harry asked in disbelief as they made their way up to the room they would be sharing. "What the bell does that mean?"

"It means they should be careful before starting something," Ethaline said lowly as she undid the braid in her hair.

Harry scoffed, starring at her in disbelief, "Seriously? After everything you aren't talking to me about what you feel?"

"We all know you're not the best with emotional girls, Harry don't start." She said sarcastically as she looked down at her hands and saw the ring on her finger. The Malfoy ring.

Her hands shook slightly as she stared at it before deciding to keep it on. "Besides, we've got more important things to focus on. Tomorrow we'll be breaking into Gringotrs and we don't have time to be upset with eachother so could you please just set it aside."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He muttered as he got comfortable for bed by taking his shirt off and tossing it aside before grabbing a towel. "I won't take long."

Ethaline ignored his bare torso, "I'm going to speak to Draco." She said, before turning her heel. Harry, however, didn't reply and also turned his back while walking away when she reached out and grabbed his arm.

Harry stopped in his tracks, not turning around as he stared at the ground. Ethaline's eyes closed slightly as she tried to think of what to say, but failed to do so. Instead she just gave his hand a small squeeze before she rushed out of the room silently Harry didn't even know she was gone if it weren't for the lack of touch.

Harry and Ethaline were the last people on earth to admit their feelings without having difficulty or even expressing themselves properly. The more she tried to think of a reason to say why they were even upset in the first place was difficult. She couldn't admit she was wrong because she thought she was right. Harry couldn't admit he was wrong because he thought he was right.

Ethakine said not to get comfortable, implying that an attachment to eachother would be the worst thing and Harry took that oersonal. He had declared his love for her and she knew returned it because she feared it was his way to say goodbye before something happened.

The blonde however had to not only think about herself but think about the people.

She had friends out in the fields working in her behalf to tio the war in their favor and she couldn't afford to slip up. Had Thai been in the fourth year she would have been selective with her time and only focused it on one person, Harry.