𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 #𝟐: 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃

Y/N's POV

"Good night, y/n... Sweet -"

"Can I hear a bedtime story first, Mom?"

My Mom's beautiful face softened into a heartfelt expression when she heard my question.

"Sure."

She proceeded to sit down on my bed and I felt her brush the strands of my hair gently as I closed my eyes.

"Hmm, let's see... Once upon a time... there was a girl who belonged to a rich, high class family. They were respected by the world, and everybody loved them. Living was luxury to each of the family members, but there was one girl who got bored of this lifestyle. One day, she decided to sneak out and disguise herself as a regular citizen of the town, and not seeing any problem in that, she did it. But that's when she met this boy that she fell in love with. They started secretly meeting each other, and he even ended up privately proposing to her. However, their covert relationship didn't last long, as the girl became pregnant with child. She couldn't hide this from her family, and told them everything. Of course, they were furious. But the Lord of the family at the time left the decision of what to do with the daughter and her lover, to the next Lord. The next Lord was the girl's younger brother, and he decided that his sister would not be punished and neither would her lover. They would be treated fairly and kindly like usual, and their child will be welcomed by the family with open arms, even if the child would have filthy blood in them. All worked out well in the end, and it was... a semi-happy story. The end."

As my mother finished her story, I could see the tears beginning to form by her waterline. 

"That girl in the story... It's you, isn't it, Mom?" I said.

My mother nodded and brushed my hair out of my face. "That's right."

"And it's a half-happy story because you can't live with Dad right? And I can't either."

"Mhm." She started to cry, breaking down while holding my small hands. "Sorry y/n... I want you to live normally with both of your parents, but we just can't. If others close to us with high status find out that an ordinary Eldian from the internment zone had a child with a Tybur, the Tybur's family reputation would only be ruined."

"Mom. I wanna live with Dad."

My Mom stopped crying and looked at me in the eyes. She seemed shocked by the 6 words that seemed to spill out of my mouth.

"I don't like living like this. Wearing pretty, tight dresses, eating rich foods, meeting and talking to a lot of people... it's boring. And it's tiring. Can I just live with Dad?"

My Mom's expression still didn't change, but after a moment of silence she tightly hugged me.

"If that's what you want then so be it. You can stay with your father. Living lavishly like this does get boring... who knew we think so alike. I'll rearrange something for you, okay?"

I nodded as she kissed my forehead and left my bedroom. The dresses I wore were too big and ugly to me, plus the amount of jewelry I wore was heavy, my head hurt from my hair being tied in "pretty" hairstyles so tightly, and I don't like talking to so many people that tell and ask me the same things every time.

I want to live normally.

"Y/n, are you sure about this?" Dad asked me.

"I'm sure. How many times do I have to say that?" I pouted.

"A 6 year old tired of a lush lifestyle? I find that hard to believe."

"Trust me, it does get boring," Mom said. She smiled at Dad gratefully and they hugged before Mom left and departed from us. I wondered when I would ever see her again... I hope she comes to visit us every so often.

"Y/n, are you hungry? What would you like to eat?"

"Fruit!"

"I expected you to say steak," Dad said, being honest.

"We eat steak almost all the time. So now I'm tired of it and don't want any for a good while."

"Y/n... Why did you want to come live with me?" My Dad asked.

"Because I miss you Dad! And I'm tired of everything back at home!"

Dad looked at me for a second, before hugging me and stroking my hair as he said, "I miss you, too. Now we can spend more time together."

Days with my Dad were mostly spent studying, eating, sleeping, and playing. This was a new routine for me so I enjoyed it a lot.

But as we walked together to go get food from the supermarket one day, a Marleyan official made an announcement. The announcement spoke about a new Warrior program for kids my age. We could become Warriors, or Titan holders, if we worked hard enough and were chosen to be successors. Kids who were chosen would also make their parents become Honorary Marleyans.

When I heard this, I squeezed my Dad's hand. "I wanna go!"

I thought at the time, if I become chosen to be a Warrior, my Dad can become an Honorary Marleyan and live with Mom, right? Since Mom is an Honorary Marleyan herself.

Dad didn't really approve of this at first, but seeing how it didn't hurt to enlist me and try, he started training me.

"Tap out, tap out, tap out!" My Dad yelled, as he struggled to get up and repeatedly tapped on the ground. He panted as he got back up, and congratulated me for mastering yet another technique.

It turns out Grandpa, my Dad's dad, had passed down some sort of self defense martial arts style to my Dad, and now he's teaching me that. It's all because I'm gonna be starting Warrior training real soon.

"Okay, the next technique is going to be how to block and disable the arm from a side punch or any kind of side attack. So first... actually, let's take a break."

We went inside and drank some water, discussing stuff during our breaks as usual.

"Soon, you're gonna be able to flip me and throw me across the yard, y/n. And then - Oh, I forgot Mom is coming today!"

At that moment, a carriage stopped outside the house and Mom got out, looking beautiful as ever. She greeted and hugged us.

"I actually came here today on behalf of the Lord of the Tybur family. He wants me to explain the War Hammer Titan to y/n."

"The War Hammer Titan is one of the 9 Titans, and ever since they existed, they've been passed down from generation to generation. The Tyburs have always kept the War Hammer Titan, and the current possessor is your Aunt Lara. Even though the War Hammer itself has been handed over to the Marleyan government for military purposes, the contract states that only Tyburs can inherit it. Y/n... I've heard that you've been enlisted in the Warrior training program. That means you have an open spot waiting."

"So I'm already the next successor of the War Hammer Titan?" I excitedly exclaimed.

"No, that's not the case. Your cousin, Lia, is also going to be training in the Warrior program with you. You'll be competing against each other for the spot, and Aunt Lara will choose her successor at the end of it all."

I did my best to not let the news discourage me. I would try my best and work hard to take the spot, all for my dreams and goals.

"Y/n, I won't be visiting in a really long while," Mom started. "The next time I see you will be when they determine who'll inherit the War Hammer Titan. So if you do be the one chosen... please help people and use this power for good."  

(Yes this is all made up 💀 And y/n no longer held the title of Honorary Marleyan after she went to live with her father, and started living under his last name)

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🍎

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS BOOK IN WEEKS I HAVE BEEN SO UNMOTIVATED LATELY 😭😭 but the next time I update will just be me uploading the rest of the bonus chapters and then the book ends so uh thanks for even reading this when it's optional 😩😭